2010 DK55 electrical problems

/ 2010 DK55 electrical problems #1  

unimog_jason

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 755, Kioti DK40SE, JD 410
A friend of mine recently bought a used DK55 and on the weekend he noticed some odd behavior.

When the AC clutch engages, the temp gauge will peg. When the AC clutch kicks out, the gauge will go back to normal.

My first guess is a dirty ground somewhere and maybe some stray voltage back feeding through the gauge. Another could be a poor connection on a relay.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? I don't know anything about the DK55, it's probably similar to my DK40, but I'm sure there are differences.

If anyone has an electrical diagram they could share, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

/ 2010 DK55 electrical problems #2  
The only time I have had a problem on my DK 55 was when the pear rats ate the wiring harness and it started with those exact symptoms. PM me and I will send you the schematics along with the service and repair manual.

/ 2010 DK55 electrical problems #3  
What is a pear rat?

/ 2010 DK55 electrical problems #4  
They are rats that normally hang out in Prickly Pear Catus. They can get upto about 10" in length. Horrible little creatures, that destroy wiring on vehicles..

/ 2010 DK55 electrical problems #5  
They are rats that normally hang out in Prickly Pear Catus. They can get upto about 10" in length. Horrible little creatures, that destroy wiring on vehicles..

Hmm. They sound like good .22 targets.:)