Man Lift revisited

/ Man Lift revisited #1  

comancheflight

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti NX4510HC
20160709_114539.jpgI squeezed in some free time And decided to weld up a lift to fit my NX4510 forks. Back in 1986 I had a new Ford Ranger and had a local welding shop make me a lumber rack. Around 1995 I put the rack in the woods. I was surprised it wasn't rusted bad so I yanked it out of the woods and began cutting it up. Used almost all of the pieces and only had to buy metal for the top rail. I made it to just fit barely span the forks and have the forks extend beyond the platform. I made a center attach point to attach to the tractor and harness (It is just siting in the pictures). Then brushed, primed and painted King Cutter color since I already had a gallon of that paint. Turned out decent. I'm happy.
20160709_114338.jpg
20160709_114338.jpg
20160709_114400.jpg

/ Man Lift revisited #2  
Can I borrow it? I have some tree trimming to do... I just need to to deliver it to MD then pick up up, when I'm finished with it.

:)

/ Man Lift revisited #3  
Looks good, I've been wanting to build one just haven't got to it. I have the expanded metal but not sure I want that for the floor or to use a solid tread plate. Used a few with the solid bottom and some scissor lifts and nice to be able to set something down with out worry of falling through.

/ Man Lift revisited
Decided to make an attachment using the trailer hitch receptacle instead of a strap. Need to paint it black.

20160709_153301.jpg

/ Man Lift revisited
And yes Crabby Joe, you can borrow it but YOU have to get it AND bring it back....when I'm done using it.

/ Man Lift revisited #7  
I like the hitch on the forks... I'm going to have to learn to weld and add that to mine.

Last edited:
   / Man Lift revisited #8  
wp10pc-main_1.jpg

Do you mean one of these?

Bought one last month from Titan Industries.

Just love it.

/ Man Lift revisited
So far it's really sweet and with the repurposed metal, paint..etc, I have about $40 in it total..

/ Man Lift revisited #10  
Now THAT's worth buying all the equipment and learning to weld.

At this stage in my life there's no point in tackling another "hobby".

Like farming hasn't choked the retirement fund enough.

Comancheflight, I'd love to know where you got that avatar "ManGlitter"
That's hilarious!