LK3054 Hydraulic ports

/ LK3054 Hydraulic ports #1  

Jim_in_Omaha

Gold Member
Tractor
LK3054
On my 3054 the hydraulic ports are like this:
It has the pressure port, a tank port, and a neutral port.

The loader (Buhler 195) valve is attached to all 3.

Heres the question: If I was to plumb into this for a small BH, would I attach into the neutral port after the loader valve? And would this be the equivalent of a power beyond circuit?

thanks again.
Jim

/ LK3054 Hydraulic ports #2  
Jim

You would plumb into the tank port using a T fitting and a quick coupler, and the power beyond port at the tractor block. I have included a picture of the plumbing for a larger Kioti Tractor. For the best operation you will probalby not want to plumb right into your hydraulics though as the flow on your tractor is about 6GPM, depending on the year of your tractor as they have improved them over the years. It will work, but you may not get the speed you are looking for. When monting backhoes to LK3054's or smaller we always install the PTO pump kit. Now on the Newer LK3054's you won't need the PTO pump kit as it has improved hydraulics.

Attachments

• 408634-backhoe.jpg
    408634-backhoe.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 1,584
   / LK3054 Hydraulic ports
Jon,
The lady I bought this from bought it brand new 03/03. The owners manual says its got 5.5 GPM at the pressure port. Not sure how to tell if it is the newer style. I know that on the Kioti web site they mention upgrading the hydraulic pump a couple of years ago in the news section of thier website.

P.S. thanks for all the help Jon on this and the other stuff.

thx
Jim

/ LK3054 Hydraulic ports #4  
Jim

No problem Jim. Whats the first digit of the SN#. It will be the last digit in the year. If it is an 03 then it should have a 7.8 GPM. Mostlikey its just an older manual.

Jon

/ LK3054 Hydraulic ports
Jon,
The serial number on the plate (left side of frame by front axle) is 22650078 so it must be a 2002 unit? The kioti.com site under new products which is in News&Shows says in 2001 that the 3054 got a 20% increase in hydraulic capacity. Hope mine has it.

thx again
Jim

/ LK3054 Hydraulic ports #6  
Yes that would make yours a 2002 model. So it should have a 7.8 GPM Pump.

/ LK3054 Hydraulic ports #7  
You could just buy a remote kit for it.
Around $350.
Then you have a set of remote ports when the Hoe is removed and less of a bundle of hoses running here and there.

KO

/ LK3054 Hydraulic ports
I just installed the Kioti remote kit for this tractor. But it is a double acting spool valve with self centering lever and provides two connections at the rear of the tractor. I guess I'm skeptical that I could run a hoe off of it. Works great for my tilting cylinder. Here's the link

thx
Jim

Edited by MikePA to correct URL link so it doesn't stretch entire thread

/ LK3054 Hydraulic ports #9  
You don't want to run a BH off remotes, they are for hyd cylinders only. For the BH you need a flow of hyd pressure to the BH. The rear remotes are IN and OUT control levers, either putting pressure to a clyinder or returning pressure. If you hold the lever in the "push" or "pull" position it will cause oil to flow though the relief valve heating up the oil and cause it to overheat.

/ LK3054 Hydraulic ports #10  
John,
Curious about how else you would hook this up. My dealer set-up the BH to work off of the aux. set-up. I have a clip to hold the valve open to enable the BH to work. You have me a little worried as I will be using the BH to dig a daylight basement and house footings. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif