Got my new (used) ck30 today

/ Got my new (used) ck30 today #1  

atcNick

Bronze Member
Tractor
Still shopping
Brought my used ck30 that I just bought home from the shop after having it inspected and fluids and filters changed. 217 hours on it. Looking forward to taking it out to land in the morning to play with it. I didn't get an owner's manual for it and can't seem to find one online anywhere. Can y'all give me an idea or take a post a picture of your manual tha shows what kind of routine maintainance I should do and at what interval. I would appreciate it. This is my first tractor so I have no idea how often I should even change the oil on it.

Thanks
Image1469242081.619808.jpg

/ Got my new (used) ck30 today #2  
Congratulations on the CK30, Nick. That looks like a nice trailer for it, too... yours or the dealers?

I'll try to get some owner's manual info for you tomorrow. I bought all the manuals (pricey) but the maintenance info is only two or three pages, as I recall.

/ Got my new (used) ck30 today
Thanks davrow! The trailer is mine. It's an 18fter I just bought used a few weeks ago. I bought the tractor from a coworker.

/ Got my new (used) ck30 today #4  
I had a CK30, "stepped up" to a DK40, wish I still had the CK30, loved that tractor. I will look and see if I still have my CK manual, I don't remember if I kept it or if it went with the tractor when I traded it in.

/ Got my new (used) ck30 today #5  
Here is the maintenence schedule page from the workshop manual. If it comes through as lower res I can email you the hi-res version.

maint_sched.jpg

Thanks for the picture.

We'll I took it out yesterday to mow our way overgrown pasture out at the land. Got the hang of it pretty quick. I did snag a log with the brush hog and got a big pile of steal braid cable caught in it as well, boy was that loud.

When I loaded on the trailer at the end of the day I noticed a small hydraulic fluid leak coming from pipe coming from what I think is the pump. It's coming from where the pipe meets the nut. I tried to tighten the nut to see if that would do it but it wouldn't budge. Any ideas?

Here's the cable

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1469394513.573263.jpg

Here's the leak where my fingers pointing

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1469394525.134015.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1469394534.100865.jpg

/ Got my new (used) ck30 today #8  
Wow that cable must have been fun to get untangled!
That hydraulic line is the main line from the pump to the loader valve that 90 fitting is the inlet to the valve. Sometimes the line can get hit causing it to leak. It hangs down and brush does a number on it. I made up a skid plate to protect it and the hydraulic filter behind it. You should be able to put a good size wrench on it and tighten it a bit. Try loosing it first then tightening it. If that doesn't stop the leak the tubing may be cracked and you will need to replace it.

Thanks for the info. That cable was a pain for sure.... But when I got it back home And put the angle grinder to it I got it out real quick.

Wow that cable must have been fun to get untangled!
That hydraulic line is the main line from the pump to the loader valve that 90 fitting is the inlet to the valve. Sometimes the line can get hit causing it to leak. It hangs down and brush does a number on it. I made up a skid plate to protect it and the hydraulic filter behind it. You should be able to put a good size wrench on it and tighten it a bit. Try loosing it first then tightening it. If that doesn't stop the leak the tubing may be cracked and you will need to replace it.

Went out and bought a 27mm wrench. That did it!! Thank you sir!!