LB1914 Starting Issue Need Help

/ LB1914 Starting Issue Need Help #1  

snagmaster62

I ran my 2003 LB1914 for 1 and half days brush hogging the fields with no issue. On the second day I took a mid-day break from the very hot weather we were having. Got back on tractor after about 3 hours and turned the ignition switch on for glow plugs. After glow plug light went out and I turned the ignition switch all I got was one light click sound on the left side in what I believe was in the area of the starter. I tried to go through this cycle again and the electrical light and glow plug lights no longer illuminated. Did some checking and all the fuses and fuse link checked out for continuity. Battery is almost brand new and checked it with a volt meter and was good. Clean all the terminals on the battery and the connection to ground. All were good by wire brushed them some more just to be sure. Tried to start the tractor again and electrical light and glow plug light came on again. Once glow plug light went out tried to start and once again all I got was the same single click. After this initial try just like before neither dash light would come on again. I tried swapping out the battery with my car battery which was a little higher in CCA 750 vs. 600. The cycle was repeated again. Electric and glow plug lights came on and when I tried to start once again just a click. After the initial starting attempt the lights did not come back on?

Any help or ideas to help me trouble shoot the problem would be very much appreciated.

/ LB1914 Starting Issue Need Help #2  
Bad battery cable (or cable connection to ground) seem likely. I'd try bypassing each cable (one at a time) with a good jumper cable. The original battery cables are famous for failing inside the insulation jacket, where you can't see the conductor.

/ LB1914 Starting Issue Need Help
ritcheyvs, thank you for your reply. I have read most of the starting issue posts and it seems like your suggestion is the likely culprit. I will certainly try your suggestion once I get back to the tractor in late August.

/ LB1914 Starting Issue Need Help
Finally got back to the tractor to follow-up on the starting issue. Based on all the posts about bad battery cables I decided to invest in new cables to hopefully solve the problem. Installed the new cables and the tractor started right up! Ritcheyvs thank you for your input. I am back in business and finished brush hogging the fields and put the LB1914 back in the barn for some shelter.