Wheel width adjustment on CK2510

/ Wheel width adjustment on CK2510 #1  

GJHLAW

Hey Guys, I run a CL2510. My property (4.5 acres) is wooded and sloped in areas. At times, on certain projects, I wished the rears wheels could be adjusted outwardly for better stability and balance. I read the poorly written manual, where it talks about adjusting the wheels. But I have no idea what or how to do what they are talking about. ( oft cited, the owners manual is short on explanation ).
Are the rear wheels adjustable ?
Any clues ?

/ Wheel width adjustment on CK2510 #2  
Without seeing pictures or knowing what kind of tires you have, it's gonna be hard to tell. Ag tires are pretty much adjustable to some degree. Industrials sometimes are and sometimes aren't. I think on my New Holland, which has industrial tires, there's only two positions. One with the wheels dished in and one with them dished out. The part that bolts to the hub (gbartman will be along shortly to tell us the technical name for it) isn't exactly in the middle of the tire, it's offset a few inches. By switching the wheels from side to side, you can achieve a little bit of adjustability. Beyond that, you need spacers, which don't come cheap.

/ Wheel width adjustment on CK2510 #3  
If you have the industrial R4 tires then they are not adjustable. If you have Ag tires usually they are adjustable. There will be an extra set of bolts that attach the outer rim to the inner hub plate.

/ Wheel width adjustment on CK2510
I have R4's. The manual doesn't distinguish, in fact it barely describes or instructs in this regard but to mention the wheel width is adjustable.,