Backhoe CK30 rear hydraulic switch or valve?

/ CK30 rear hydraulic switch or valve? #1  

appleo

Tractor
Kioti CK30
is there a valve or switch to shut off flow to the rear backhoe>?

2008 CK30

/ CK30 rear hydraulic switch or valve? #2  
How does your backhoe get hydro fluid? The most common way is connecting the backhoe lines to the rear remote. The remote control lever will be just to the left or beside your 3pt lift lever. My 2004 CK30hst had what was called a hose kit until I changed to the rear remotes. Both can be turned off to stop flow. If remote, just put the remote lever in the center or neutral position. If the hose kit, which Kioti hasn't made for sometime now, turn the valve, mounted on the right rear side of the tractor case, counterclockwise. Turning off the fluid flow is a MUST if you remove the backhoe. Otherwise you deadhead the flow and can/will damage the hydraulic pump.

/ CK30 rear hydraulic switch or valve?
image.jpegimage.jpeg

/ CK30 rear hydraulic switch or valve? #4  
By your second picture, the rear remote lever control should be just in front of the 3pt lever and behind the fel joystick in those two slots. There are two slots because you can have dual remotes with each having a control lever. You don't have a lever in either slot so there must not be any remote valves.

Your first picture has only your gear range selector and pto control lever.

If you follow the hydraulic lines from the fel to the tractor, where do they connect? If the lines use Quick Disconnects, you may have the hose kit which I had originally bought with my backhoe back in Fall of 2005. If you follow the lines from the QDs, which were just rubber hydraulic hoses with the hose kit, going under the tractor seat area, they should go about 18-20 inches to a valve that in mounted on the upper right side of the tractor case, just about even with the front of the right rear tire, and between the inside fender lip and tractor case. If you have that valve, unfortunately no turn handle. Mine only had a short 1/2 inch long shaft, about 3/8 inch diameter, with two flat sides that allowed me to get a 6 inch cresent wrench on it. That valve has to be turned from stop to stop meaning all the way clockwise or all the way counterclockwise to either power the backhoe or to allow the 3pt to work and not deadhead the hydro fluid. If you don't have that, somebody may have plumbed it in differently and if you can give the path of the hydraulic feed lines for the backhoe from the tractor, it can be figured if you can turn off the fluid to the backhoe with that set up.

/ CK30 rear hydraulic switch or valve? #5  
Here's pictures of the hose kit.Hose kit 2.jpeg

Attachments

• Hose kit 1.jpeg
    Hose kit 1.jpeg
    790.7 KB · Views: 573
   / CK30 rear hydraulic switch or valve? #6  
On my CT235 (CK35) the rear remotes are (1)On/Off for the backhoe or similar implement that requires flow and has its own valve array, and (2) a two-way valve. 1471816738439.jpg

/ CK30 rear hydraulic switch or valve? #7  
Kioti has two kits for rear remotes, VictorW's picture is of the single kit, but is also comes as a dual kit. Shop around and you can find the dual kit for close to the single. Bobcat kits will also work, but Bobcat does not have the float feature on the second valve that Kioti does.

Hope this helps

On question - do you have a backhoe now. If so take pictures of how they ran the plumbing under the tractor.

/ CK30 rear hydraulic switch or valve?
removed my backhoe today for winter

FOund the single valve under the drivers side frame. Just as VictorW kit photo showed

Reached up in and turned the screw 3 full turns CCW till it stopped

Thanks VictorW! ANythign else i need to know?

need to find some caps to cover the tractor and backhoe disconnects

prior owner must have lost them

/ CK30 rear hydraulic switch or valve? #9  
TSC has them so you know - call you local store

/ CK30 rear hydraulic switch or valve? #10  
removed my backhoe today for winter

FOund the single valve under the drivers side frame. Just as VictorW kit photo showed

Reached up in and turned the screw 3 full turns CCW till it stopped

Thanks VictorW! ANythign else i need to know?

need to find some caps to cover the tractor and backhoe disconnects

prior owner must have lost them

No, you have it. Your 3pt lift arms should be working now. When you disconnect the bh hydro lines, try to not run the tractor much until you turn the valve as you did because you would be deadheading the hydro fluid flow. It's been about 8 years since I had that type of valve on my tractor and I couldn't remember if it was CW or CCW when removing the bh. As long as you have it fully turned until it stopped, you're good to go. When using the bh again, turn it the other way fully until it stops. It's a simple valve but needs to be at its full stop positions depending on whether you have the bh on or not but you have it figured out.

As mentioned, Tractor Supply or any tractor dealer would have those rubber plugs for those disconnects.