How amazing technology has come to tractors

/ How amazing technology has come to tractors #1  

Barrettseq

Bronze Member
Tractor
kioti
Yesterday I got a new tractor in and set it all up and it did not start at all. The battery was new and it showed codes on the dash. I called Kioti tech and they said that the computer might not have been set up yet. I hooked up the cord to the box they gave me and then to my fancy calculator thing with a big screen, (laptop). He said to get near the wifi and he'll set up the computer. After about 4 minutes he downloaded the proper info to the ECU or the brain on the tractor and then said to start it. I pushed in the clutch and it fired right up and sounds great. Could you ever imagine that one day somebody in N.C. could work on your tractor and pull information out of the air to fix a broken tractor. Pretty soon all we'll have to do is set our phone on the dash and we'll be able to do all the diagnosing and trouble shooting ourselves. Amazing.

/ How amazing technology has come to tractors #2  
I had my computer fixed from India!~

/ How amazing technology has come to tractors #3  
I'm guessing you are a dealer. The general public (A lot of us tier 4 owners) have been waiting for the capability to diagnose our tractors for a few years now. I'd like to see all tractors come with a standardized OBD II port and software made available for us to do this like we can on motor vehicles.

/ How amazing technology has come to tractors #4  
I'm guessing you are a dealer. The general public (A lot of us tier 4 owners) have been waiting for the capability to diagnose our tractors for a few years now. I'd like to see all tractors come with a standardized OBD II port and software made available for us to do this like we can on motor vehicles.

Mine does have an OBDII port. Now if only the makers would get their heads out of their behinds when it comes to reflashing ECUs things would be much simpler. Reflashing stuff over the Internet does not always go so well. There is a lot of stuff that can and often does go wrong. Much better done from a thumb drive or something plugged into a more standard code scanner just like tuners for cars and trucks.

/ How amazing technology has come to tractors #5  
...Amazing.
No, it's scary (my opinion).

I'm not in favor of computers on my tractors but then again I only have a flip phone... so basically, they can turn "their" tractor off if they want you to bring it in for service$$$$? What's next... rent the tractor from them on a yearly contract? No thanks...

/ How amazing technology has come to tractors #7  
Yesterday I got a new tractor in and set it all up and it did not start at all. The battery was new and it showed codes on the dash. I called Kioti tech and they said that the computer might not have been set up yet. I hooked up the cord to the box they gave me and then to my fancy calculator thing with a big screen, (laptop). He said to get near the wifi and he'll set up the computer. After about 4 minutes he downloaded the proper info to the ECU or the brain on the tractor and then said to start it. I pushed in the clutch and it fired right up and sounds great. Could you ever imagine that one day somebody in N.C. could work on your tractor and pull information out of the air to fix a broken tractor. Pretty soon all we'll have to do is set our phone on the dash and we'll be able to do all the diagnosing and trouble shooting ourselves. Amazing.

So how did it get delivered with the ECU not programmed and it not running? To me that ain't sayin much about QC.

/ How amazing technology has come to tractors #9  

Yeah, I read his profile after I posted, I should have looked first but didn't. I'm not one who reads member profiles. More interested in what is posted.
When I first read the post I was thinking If they give you a box and a laptop with the tractor for programming the ECU then I should have bought a Kioti. Then I figured he was a dealer. A lot of members don't even fill out their profiles.

/ How amazing technology has come to tractors #10  
+1 I prefer something I can fix myself when warranty runs out.
+2. I have several pieces of old equipment that is still going and hasn't given any trouble. If it does break there's nothing that can't be fixed by a relatively handy person. There won't be any 75 year old tractors in the field 75 years for now.