Oil & Fuel I did something dumb

/ I did something dumb #1  

ron45

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti LK3054XS
During my first transmission/hydraulic oil change I removed two of the three drain plugs with out taking note of which went where...... mostly because I hadn't noticed that one was longer than the other. It is at simple as [ it's usually not ] the longer one will not go in far enough to start the threads? I believe the long one was the first I removed, I think, and was closer to the engine. But I don't trust my memory much these days. The rear most one is still in place as I have to pour off some of the oil since I don't know how much more is in the last area. Chances are not that much remains. I have a tile saw tub that is pretty big and it's 2.5 to three inches from the top.

What about air in the system now that I've opened it. I don't remember reading about that. The manual is in the oven drying because I forgot it was out side and we are having the wettest summer in about 8 years. The pilot light keeps the oven over 90 degrees. I don't, but should, have a parts and shop manual.

Short of a drffinitive answer, can anyone point me to a webpage with exploded views of that part of my LK3054 FEL BH.

Thanks for listening.

Ron

/ I did something dumb #2  
Can't help you with the web source for your diagrams, but can sympathize with doing some dumb things. Welcome to the club. Seems like dumb things haunt one even to the grave.... but...
Cheers,
Mike

/ I did something dumb #4  
   / I did something dumb #5  
You should have 4 plugs daubed with orange paint, in a line from front to back; one, with a magnet, on the transmission case - one on the semi-circular front drive case - two on the differential case, one large with a magnet and a smaller one to the rear of the case and don't forget to drain the left and right brake cases which are not marked with the paint

/ I did something dumb
Thanks, I got me to the site,I can navigate from there. The diagram should clear things up.

Ron

/ I did something dumb
Thanks I can navigate from the page that came up.

Ron

/ I did something dumb #8  
Welcome to the dumb club. I manage to keep my membership intact on a regular basis it seems.

/ I did something dumb
Well the dues can get pretty in our club. Gotta get some smart pills. Anyone got any NZT? [ the movie Limitless ]

Ron

/ I did something dumb #10  
Hey Ron, there are two kinds of people. Those that have messed up and those that will.