Backhoe One stabilizer arm is weaker

/ One stabilizer arm is weaker #1  

ron45

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti LK3054XS
Even with the idle up to 1400 or more, it never raises the tractor as much as the other side.

Anyone know why?

Ron

/ One stabilizer arm is weaker #2  
First you do have both arms adjusted to be level with each other correct? Normally the right arm has some type of screw adjustment rod to raise or lower it as needed for some implements.

Second there is two cylinders and one is failing. Now I am not sure there is separate cylinders on your tractor. Look at the groove rod the arms are attached to and see if both ends rotate the same if so probably one cylinder. kt

/ One stabilizer arm is weaker #3  
Even with the idle up to 1400 or more, it never raises the tractor as much as the other side.

Anyone know why?

Ron

Are you talking about a backhoe stabilizer or what?

/ One stabilizer arm is weaker #4  
I'm thinking backhoe stabilizers. If one isn't putting out the same force as the other it could be a bad piston seal or a valve issue. They should both be fed off the same system pressure, I would think.

/ One stabilizer arm is weaker #5  
Also are there 2 valves? or only one common.
If 2 then if in series then the first in line will always act faster and go higher, I would think.
I suspect you have 2 valves as an operator often wants one leg more extended than the other to compensate for un even ground situations.

/ One stabilizer arm is weaker #6  
Stupid question but I ask from experience! Are both of your rear tires loaded? Bought a used Kubota PO said the tires were loaded I checked (one) and it was. Got to using it a bunch and something didn't seem right, one tire always slipped, backhoe stabilizers didn't lift the back the same on each side. Noticed that winter there was frost on one tire but not the other and come to find out only one tire was loaded!

/ One stabilizer arm is weaker #7  
Boy I sure misread his post! sorry

/ One stabilizer arm is weaker
Thank you Mcfarmall, there is no evident leakage. What kind of valve issue please. They are all recently rebuilt but the unequal thing was there before the valve stack rebuild.

Thanks to all who took the time to help.

Ron