Tires tire question

/ tire question #1  

Nmw1

Tractor
Kioti nx4510
my nx4510 comes with 14.9x24 tires on the rear, was thinking of putting the 17.5x24's on like nx5510 and nx6010 has for added weight and stability, my kioti dealer didn't think that was a good idea saying it might affect gearing and could void warranty. i mentioned about the 5510 and 6010 having them and said they may be geared different and advised me to just not do it. Anyway to verify this? i would think the 17.5's are just wider not taller so the gear ratio shouldnt be a problem

/ tire question #2  
Are you also planning to switch to wider rims? Putting the wider tires on the same rims may also make the tread a more rounded where it contacts the ground. As a result, it may not wear evenly. Hopefully some one else on this site has done it and can tell you exactly how it worked for them.

/ tire question #3  
Should work just fine as long as you don't use with the 4wd engaged. The different size tires will always put the drivetrain in a bind when the fronts and rears are tied together.

/ tire question
the nx5510 and nx6010 are almost the exact same tractor same frame, motor, just more horsepower and bigger back tires, was curious to see if there are any other changes kioti made to them in the gearing to accomodate the bigger back tire size

/ tire question #5  
Its only a difference in width so it shouldn't effect the drive ratio if you get the correct width rims.

/ tire question #6  
I'd be surprised if they aren't taller too, and it doesn't take too much to mess up the gearing.

SR

/ tire question #7  
the nx5510 and nx6010 are almost the exact same tractor same frame, motor, just more horsepower and bigger back tires, was curious to see if there are any other changes kioti made to them in the gearing to accomodate the bigger back tire size
... like a bigger front tire size.

/ tire question #8  
My Dk45 has 17.5 x 24's and they are 47 1/8" tall. I made that measurement with the tractor parked on concrete, with pressure in the tires great enough that there is no visible "sag". I made sure there was a lug at the very top of the tire,(industrial lugged tires) and ran a level from the top of the tire, out to the side far enough that I could get an accurate measurement. Of course, I have no way of measuring the wear on my tires, but I don't think there is any measurable amount - I have 600 hrs, & my tractor is a "hay" tractor (I never pull heavy loads)

I agree with the fellas who say the rims are (probably) different; 2 1/2" wider tires are nothing to "sneeze at"! I measured my rims, but there is a certain amount of "eye balling" involved, so I would not 'guarantee' the measurement any closer than +/- 1/2". I measured from (basically) bead to bead, and came up with 15 1/2". That was NOT measured from the "flare" that 'bevels' out from the bead (that would probably add another 1" + to the overall width.

I think you are wise to get as much info as possible; but in the end, the decision is yours. If I can help with any other measurements, let me know.

Good Luck

/ tire question
thanks kioti paul, i'm gonna check with the dealer and see if the rims are different i do know they all have the same front tire size. i just dont see the gearing being different in the 5510 and 6010 than my 4510, i think the rolling circumference of the two sizes are close enough that it should be ok, gonna see if i can get that info. i would assume kioti just put wider tires on them because if the extra horsepower

/ tire question #10  
Any chance that this could throw off/confuse the computer?