Hood opening

/ Hood opening #1  

K man

Platinum Member
Tractor
2014 Kioti CK 30 HST with cab. 2018 Cub Cadet Challenger 750 EPS UTV
Hi how many of you have a hard time opening the hood on your CK. I don't open it too often but when I do it takes about 4 attempts to finally get it to open. In the manual it says to pull on release cable and lift hood up but I have to try it four times when it finally releases grrrr!!! This is the only issue I have with my CK 30 and it bugs me. After the hood is up I check the release mechanism and it works fine not stiff or dry. So why is it so hard can someone explain that to me. Thanks
Gilles

/ Hood opening #2  
Press down slightly on the hood, and while holding a bit of pressure down , pull the release cable.

/ Hood opening #3  
Sorry K man, never experienced that issue on my CK27. Good luck resolving that one!

/ Hood opening
Press down slightly on the hood, and while holding a bit of pressure down , pull the release cable.

Thanks man, I went out and bingo it opened no problem. I was doing it wrong, I was trying to lift the hood while releasing the cable. Duh!!! I knew there was something in the way I did but could not pinpoint it. I will try to remember that in 6 months when I go to try and open it again lol
Gilles

/ Hood opening
Sorry K man, never experienced that issue on my CK27. Good luck resolving that one!

LOL I think this will be last time that this happens. Now I love my CK
Gilles

/ Hood opening #6  
Title of the thread didn't mention model, so I took a look. Glad it's resolved!

The hoods on the NX series have a different latching mechanism (spring-loaded lever), but also require a little down-pressure on the hood to open easily.

/ Hood opening #7  
Put tension on the pull then give the hood a bump down with the other hand, releases for me every tiem. Yes, it is hard to pull the release straight down but it does stay nice and snug all the time.

Steve

/ Hood opening #8  
I put a loop of baler twine at bottom-front of grill to grab onto.

/ Hood opening #10  
I have trouble with my DK hood too. The latch pull is in a position below the tractor that makes it hard to put down pressure on the hood at the same time that you pull the knob. I've learned to GENTLY hold the latch pull knob with a pair of pliers and then tap the pliers to provide more force than I can just by pulling down. Works fine but not exactly one of my favorite features of my tractor.