Ck 27 hst.....no power

/ Ck 27 hst.....no power #1  

Jc8

Tractor
2012 CK27h
Hello,

What would be some of the things to check on my tractor...seems very low in power....it won't move in high range on flat ground more than 10' then it seems like it just whines like the hydro is being bypassed...is there a bypass or pressure relief...maybe ???

/ Ck 27 hst.....no power #2  
Maybe check your hydro fluids or a leak. Sorry if I am not of good help.

/ Ck 27 hst.....no power #3  
Parking brake stuck on? Hydro filter plugged? water in fuel?

/ Ck 27 hst.....no power #4  
How many hours do you have on your 2012 CK? When was the last time you did a service on your tractor. I mean change all filters, fluids and lubricating all joints etc. other than your 50 hours service.

/ Ck 27 hst.....no power
I bought the tractor used.....the previous owner had just done a service with hours written on filters etc.... I will do a full service before winter.
Does a fluid change make enough difference that it would loose that much power.... I could see if the level was low.

/ Ck 27 hst.....no power #6  
Do you happen to have any remotes on this? Might be that one is running (detent) w/o an attachment.

Your hydraulic pump is being taxed.

I wouldn't look to try to operate this until you've got a better idea what's going on as you could end up causing a lot of damage. If it isn't something simple like I mention above then this might be one of the times that taking it to the dealer/service would be worth the cost.

/ Ck 27 hst.....no power #7  
To expand on what DieselBound said if you have a backhoe and removed it without putting the remotes in neutral it will dead head the hydraulics and show the symptoms you describe.

/ Ck 27 hst.....no power #8  
Hello,

What would be some of the things to check on my tractor...seems very low in power....it won't move in high range on flat ground more than 10' then it seems like it just whines like the hydro is being bypassed...is there a bypass or pressure relief...maybe ???

Also, clogged fuel or air filters (or any restriction in fuel flow of a failing lift pump) will cause low power.

/ Ck 27 hst.....no power
What would be the recommended HST fluid considering I live in a cold climate in winter?

/ Ck 27 hst.....no power #10  
Not sure if there is such a thing as HST oil for cold weather. I live in Ontario abut 1-1 1/2 from you and never had any issues with the HST reacting to the cold other than at first start it must run for at least 2-3 minutes to warm it up then it is okay.