CK35HST 3pt lift unresponsive until 70-100% Control travel

/ CK35HST 3pt lift unresponsive until 70-100% Control travel #1  

raypope

Tractor
Kioti CK35HST 2008'
I have a 2008 CK35HST and am having a issue with the 3pt lift control.

It seems that between 0% and 70% there is no movement in the lift arms. All of the range of motion of the arms is controlled by moving the control from 70-100%.

Is there an adjustment that can be made to allow full use of the control level movment. I have the speed control opened all the way for fast response.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray...

/ CK35HST 3pt lift unresponsive until 70-100% Control travel #2  
have you checked you hydraulic fluid level?

/ CK35HST 3pt lift unresponsive until 70-100% Control travel #3  
Is that just for lifting? Does it do the same lowering? Mine has a slight delay lifting ( about 50% point), but will lower and stop at most any setting. If I have a load on and stopped at a setting, the lift delay is much less.

/ CK35HST 3pt lift unresponsive until 70-100% Control travel #4  
If like most, hydraulic fluid is pumped to raise the 3 pt but gravity is the only thing acting on lowering the links. The speed that the links raise up is determined by the volume of fluid pumped. So, if the tractor is at low RPMs, the pump is pumping slower and thus, the links will rise but do so at a slower rate than if the RPMs are high.

Point is, the links should rise regardless of the RPMs but the speed of lift will be dictated by the tractor's RPMs.

As for lowering the lowering the links, some tractors do have a knob (on my Kubota BX25, it is below the seat such that I reach my hand down between my legs) that governs how quickly the links will let fluid escape and the links fall. Now, the speed that the links fall is heavily affected by the weight on the 3pt. So, if I have nothing attached to my 3pt, the links drop very slowly, if at all. As soon as I put the tiller on the 3pt, it drops like a rock when I lower the lever. If I want it to drop slower, I either control it by how fast I move the lever or I can turn the governor knob to control it.

In the OP's case, I mentioned the fluid level as I understood he could only raise his links when he was at high RPMs. If so, he might be low on hydraulic fluid and needs the pump to run at a faster pace to see a visible change in the height of his 3pt.

/ CK35HST 3pt lift unresponsive until 70-100% Control travel #5  
I thought he was talking about the position of the 3 pt lever being moved toward the fully up position. Maybe the OP will clarify the situation. A question for the OP - if you rais and lower the 3pt to say position 4, will it move up with the lever then? Or is this from the fully down position to raise?

/ CK35HST 3pt lift unresponsive until 70-100% Control travel #6  
JFoy there is also a knob for the 3pth on the right beside your right foot about an inch off the floor. I have on occasion rubbed against it and lowered the speed of the arms. On another occasion my arms did not go up or down and checked the knob again had been moved. So easy to do.

/ CK35HST 3pt lift unresponsive until 70-100% Control travel
Thanks for the replies.

To clarify.

If the lever is at any position between 1 and 7 or 0-70% the lift arms do not move. This is both loaded and unloaded. No difference.

Level ground 1500rpm engine speed.

The valve a the right foot is 100% open for fastest response to eliminate that issue.

The fluid level is at 100% and filters are new.

/ CK35HST 3pt lift unresponsive until 70-100% Control travel #8  
Does the Ck have draft control? If so is set to its lowest setting?

/ CK35HST 3pt lift unresponsive until 70-100% Control travel #9  
You say filters are new? If so you could have air in the system still. How many times have you cycled it. When I took my Hydraulic top link off and put it back on, it took about 2 dozen cycles to get all the air out. Just a thought

/ CK35HST 3pt lift unresponsive until 70-100% Control travel #10  
Does the Ck have draft control? If so is set to its lowest setting?

x2

IF draft control equipped, check the setting on that