Backhoe o-rings kb2376 and likely others nimco valve body

/ o-rings kb2376 and likely others nimco valve body #1  

JoelD

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti LK3054xs TLB, 2004
the white o-rings that seal the spool valves turn to jelly. I致e replaced them all and more than once for some.
replacements cost ridiculous money.
i just replaced today on dipper stick and used a 15.54x2.62x20.78
stock is 15.95x2.25x20.45

i've not been able to find stock size anywhere and the stock fail in short order.

so far so good

hope this helps

i bought 70 of them for what a single stock o-ring would've cost

joel

/ o-rings kb2376 and likely others nimco valve body #2  
the white o-rings that seal the spool valves turn to jelly. I致e replaced them all and more than once for some.

i've not been able to find stock size anywhere and the stock fail in short order.

so far so good

hope this helps

Joel; I've got the same machine and have never changed mine out, as I seldom use the hoe. I am experiencing an issue with the hoe dropping rather quickly; you want to know your next move so you're not constantly adjusting the boom. Where did you locate the "O-rings" in question

Last edited:
   / o-rings kb2376 and likely others nimco valve body #3  

so far so good

hope this helps

joel

Your o rings are obviously the wrong material. See this link: O-Ring Compatibility Chart

/ o-rings kb2376 and likely others nimco valve body
oringsandmore is where I got the replacements.
The stock o-rings were the problem, they are white, I'm guessing a urethane or the like?
They get soft over time and easily fail. Yes, likely the wrong material.
They coast $18 per (including a small plastic wiper washer), absolutely criminal amount of money for a 1 cent o-ring, that fails on top of it all.
I bought 70 replacements for less than the cost of a single factory replacement that I'd end up replacing in short order regardless. I've been searching tirelessly for replacements, I'm hoping I've found a size close enough that will work.
I'm using Buna I've also got Viton incase the Buna fails. Either way anything is better than stock, just junk.

/ o-rings kb2376 and likely others nimco valve body #5  
My KB2375, 2005 model year, has black o-rings, unknown material, with the white nylon back up washers. I only know this due to a warranty repair where I needed a new valve block for a stabilyzer leg and it was given to me in parts by the dealer straight from Kioti. Apparently Kioti doesn't have complete blocks but they have all the parts to make one. I didn't mind. A good learning experience. My black o-rings are still holding up well with no leaks. When the bh isn't in use, I lift the dust boots of the valve control arms and spray fluid film on the top of the spools to stave off any rusting. So far so good.

Hi Victor. Are the o-rings you were provided for the seal between the spool valve and the valve body? On my Nimco valve body those are the white o-rings and the they have a white "wiper" washer that I think is intended to wipe off debris before the debris can harm the o-ring. I'm hoping i've solved my problem. was tough to find o-ring close to the right size.

/ o-rings kb2376 and likely others nimco valve body #7  
Joel, Yes, the black o-rings are at the top and bottom of the valve block. They sit in a counterbore groove in the top and bottom of the valve block where the spool travels through and seal the spool to the block. The white nylon type backup washers are then next in the groove to I assume add some strength to the o-ring and act as a wiper as you mentioned.

Interesting, they've changed, as mine are the white o-ring with white plastic "wiper" washer between the o-ring and atmosphere.

I'm hoping my solution works, I just can't justify almost $20 for an o-ring and plastic washer, crazy. and even then they fail every few years.

Joel

/ o-rings kb2376 and likely others nimco valve body #9  
Just like other companies, Nimco changed their o-ring source and thought they would work. My daughter is an aero engineer for Lockheed Martin. They will have several suppliers for certain plane materials. Even though the material supposedly meets the same specs, problems will sometimes arise when switching suppliers.

If you have no leaks with the o-rings you replaced, I'm sure you're good for a while. The Viton seems to be rated for a higher temp and some other better properties than Buna from the link Seabee posted. Also, thank you for the site to purchase. I'm sure I'll need o-rings some day.