Oil & Fuel Another dk stuck at full throttle.

/ Another dk stuck at full throttle.
I was able to get all four new control sleeves from a local diesel injection pump shop for 12 dollars each, after disassembling the pump, I found only one control sleeve with broken teeth but I changed out all 4. Got it all put back together today and runs great. Thanks for all the help and info.

/ Another dk stuck at full throttle. #22  
Did you take the whole pump in so they could get the pump #'s or did you furnish the pump #'s to them?
I'm just courious if the #'s were where I said they were.
You might want to post your pump # along w/ the gear # to help others in the future..

/ Another dk stuck at full throttle. #23  
Attaboy to Bumpkin!! Sounds like you did it all correctly and saved over $1000!

Maybe PumpGuy can add to this or correct me on this: It is my understanding that it's important to put all the IP parts back exactly where they came from (other than the gear part). By that I mean don't swap plungers, tappet assemblies, etc. between cylinders.

/ Another dk stuck at full throttle. #24  
Rich, That is correct.. The plungers are mated to the barrels..
In a perfect world, it wouldn't matter.. but seeing there are manufacturing tolerences, not every part is the exact same.
The clearances are so tight, its measured with air..

Thanks, I did know to keep all parts to the same bore, I never did get a number from the pump, I had it with me in case I needed it, but when the guy seen the control sleeve he went to the part racks and came back with for new sleeves just like the old one. It did turnout to be the same part number as the zexel pic in one of the write ups from above. I'll see if I can find it again and link it here. I should have took a little more time and effort and documented a bit better with part numbers but between the holidays and being sick over the last week I was just happy to have it finished. :) my buddy was ecstatic just having it back running and very little cost, he has only had this tractor a few months, but has had his other kioti for 10 years with little issue.

Attachments

• image-3183374856.jpg
    image-3183374856.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 520
   / Another dk stuck at full throttle. #26  
I suppose it is something that I have to look forward to.... 2006 CK30 with about 450 hours now from memory.

/ Another dk stuck at full throttle. #27  
Is it possible for the gear teeth to be broken and the pin move freely?

Yes it is, if the broken pieces fall out and don't get jammed in the rack.

/ Another dk stuck at full throttle. #29  
Thanks, I did know to keep all parts to the same bore, I never did get a number from the pump, I had it with me in case I needed it, but when the guy seen the control sleeve he went to the part racks and came back with for new sleeves just like the old one. It did turnout to be the same part number as the zexel pic in one of the write ups from above. I'll see if I can find it again and link it here. I should have took a little more time and effort and documented a bit better with part numbers but between the holidays and being sick over the last week I was just happy to have it finished. :) my buddy was ecstatic just having it back running and very little cost, he has only had this tractor a few months, but has had his other kioti for 10 years with little issue.

Question for Country Bumpkin: Hope you still monitor this thread. I think my 2006 DK45s just broke a control sleeve tooth. I'll cover symptoms elsewhere but I wanted to verify that the photo you posted shows the part number for a DK45s IP control sleeve. Thanks.
Scott

Yes that’s the part number I used to replace the broken ones. Only one was broke but I replaced all three.