Anybody Install A Block Heater on an Kioti LK3054?

/ Anybody Install A Block Heater on an Kioti LK3054? #1  

MT Kioti

Tractor
Kioti LK 3054
I have a LK3054 which is impossible to start in winter without a heater. My previous lower radiator hose heater died and would like to install a more efficient block heater in a soft plug. Has anyone done that? Where in the block was the best location and what type (brand/ model) heater did you use? I know in the past, I have found that some soft plug openings do not have sufficient depth to install a heater, so I want to get this right on the first try.

Thanks

Doug Anderson
Montana

/ Anybody Install A Block Heater on an Kioti LK3054? #2  
I can't answer your inquiry, but will be watching for answers to it; I have a 3054 also and you're correct, you can't start these things without some sort of heater. I installed a lower hose heater but am not really happy with it and have been considering a block heater ever since (probably 10 yrs.) Good luck

/ Anybody Install A Block Heater on an Kioti LK3054? #4  
I had a regular block heater installed on my LK3054 and it works very well. They drilled in through the lower left side. Sorry I can't give you anything more specific - hope this helps

/ Anybody Install A Block Heater on an Kioti LK3054? #5  
I have a 3054 also and you're correct, you can't start these things without some sort of heater.

Well, you can but it takes quite a few glow plug cycles, especially if it's below 20° or so.
Been meaning to put a heater in mine, just never got around to it. Maybe this'll be the year.

/ Anybody Install A Block Heater on an Kioti LK3054? #6  
Well, you can but it takes quite a few glow plug cycles, especially if it's below 20° or so.
Been meaning to put a heater in mine, just never got around to it. Maybe this'll be the year.

When my unit was new, I tried several times starting with nothing but the glow plugs and you are correct in that you CAN get them started, but at what cost? Mine would run on one cylinder, coughing, bucking, belching black smoke, sounding AND feeling like it was really hurting itself. Dealer took it back to his shop, played with the glow plugs and finally changing the injection timing to little avail; still a traumatic experience getting it started. After installing the lower hose heater, a huge difference; an hour and a half at 10*F does the trick