Leaking Quick Coupling

/ Leaking Quick Coupling #1  

ritcheyvs

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45S
One of my quick couplings has a slow leak. This is a brand new coupling set. Have others has this problem? Has anyone solved it? Thanks.

/ Leaking Quick Coupling #2  
If it is a new set take it back where you bought it. Beware of foreign made knockoffs of US name brand QCs, not always well matched. Probably the O ring as it easy to mess them up on first use if not lubricated with hyd fluid. Rough machine work QC knockoffs can have a burr that kills O rings.

Ron

/ Leaking Quick Coupling #3  
Does it leak when connected or with nothing connected to it?

/ Leaking Quick Coupling #4  
Best bet is get another pair of couplings. Short of that, if its the male, beat on it with a piece of soft wood to reset the detent ball. If its the female, try small bursts of low pressure compressed air, while holding the fitting away from your face/hands to see if maybe there is some debris, or similar. Does it leak when coupled or uncoupled? Is it the male or female giving you the problem?

/ Leaking Quick Coupling
Thanks for the info.

The coupling leaked while connected. I didn't check for leaks with it disconnected but that hardly mattered since I couldn't use the coupling. The leak was bad enough that I couldn't fully close the grapple or start closing it from full open without help from gravity. There is a flow restrictor in the "close" line of the grapple.

I bought a new coupling today at TSC and installed the female side. That fixed the leak and the grapple works like it's supposed to now.

I have a related question but I'll start a new thread.

/ Leaking Quick Coupling
OK. Here's the deal. I replaced the leaky female coupling with a new Pioneer double-acting coupler and thought it was fixed. But today I noticed it was still leaking, albeit much slower. So I replaced the male side today and that fixed the leak (so far). The "leaky" male fitting looked fine but I guess the finish or dimensions weren't good enough to seal. The " leaky" no-name coupling set was made in China.

/ Leaking Quick Coupling #7  
OK. Here's the deal. I replaced the leaky female coupling with a new Pioneer double-acting coupler and thought it was fixed. But today I noticed it was still leaking, albeit much slower. So I replaced the male side today and that fixed the leak (so far). The "leaky" male fitting looked fine but I guess the finish or dimensions weren't good enough to seal. The " leaky" no-name coupling set was made in China.

I had a leaky Chinese Male coupler. Constant drip, about every 30 seconds. Replaced it over a year ago with a pioneer. End of problem.