Another ECU update letter?

/ Another ECU update letter? #11  
Man, I love my old tractors. Pumps diesel, sucks air, runs. Don't need no stinkin' computer. :dance1:

/ Another ECU update letter?
Man, I love my old tractors. Pumps diesel, sucks air, runs. Don't need no stinkin' computer. :dance1:
that's nice!

/ Another ECU update letter? #14  
My old diesel cars, MKIV VWs, and their computers work really, REALLY well. No computer issue at all. And, the computer is actually able to inform me of errors.

I'm no techno-head, but I'm also not a Luddite (though I've tried!).

No ECU update on my tractor. No issues. And, being newer, it's quieter and doesn't stink like older non-ECU equipment.

Time will tell: my cars have proven themselves (I have five of them in the family). At the rate I use my new tractor I don't figure I'll come to a time that it'll be an issue either.

My truck, and IDI, which can sit for months at a time, has zero electronics (well, it has a GP controller, but even if that shat it'll still start- if need be just plug the block heater in). I appreciate this. And, my B7800 has no real electronics either: it's also an IDI. And my generator, Kubota powered, is also an IDI, though, it clearly has electrical stuff :D

If I was computer adverse (and I have plenty of reason to be) I wouldn't be typing this here... I once made like Hunter S. Thompson and shot a typewriter!

Last edited:
   / Another ECU update letter?
Kioti sent another letter , certified this time, saying the update still needs done and to have it done by June 16th. I completely forgot about the other letter and never called the contact person, guess I will this time and see what they say. I'm sure it's the update that was done last spring.