Another ECU update letter?

/ Another ECU update letter? #1  

countrybumpkin

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti, kubota
Received a letter from Kioti today stating my NX needed to have a ECU update for the emissions by March 17, anyone else received one? I had a update done about a year ago for the same type of issue, it was related to issues at altitudes above 5000 feet if I remember correct. Bad thing is my local dealer past away and they closed the business so my next two or three are just over a hour away, not sure if they will send a tech out to do it or expect me to haul it in.

/ Another ECU update letter? #2  
Received a letter from Kioti today stating my NX needed to have a ECU update for the emissions by March 17, anyone else received one? I had a update done about a year ago for the same type of issue, it was related to issues at altitudes above 5000 feet if I remember correct. Bad thing is my local dealer past away and they closed the business so my next two or three are just over a hour away, not sure if they will send a tech out to do it or expect me to haul it in.

I got one also for my dk5510. So what happens if I cant get it in by March 17th? My dealer is also an hour away. I might try calling them and ask if they can come out!

/ Another ECU update letter? #3  
What does this latest update address?

/ Another ECU update letter? #4  
I have not received any such notification. I'd been corresponding with my dealer about some other things just this week and no mention.

Man, my tractor has been working really well, I'm really not wanting to have it touched!

/ Another ECU update letter? #5  
Man, my tractor has been working really well, I'm really not wanting to have it touched!

Ditto!! I've received both letters and have not had the update done. My NX4510H is running without the periodic drop in power or the CEL coming on which it had been doing earlier in the tractors life (a year ago). Neither is it going into regen. I tried to regen manually but nothing happened. Don't know if this will cause later problems or if it's even related to the update but the machine is running great now - I'm hesitant to let someone "correct" this.

/ Another ECU update letter?
You can't just press the regen button and do a Manual regen anytime you want, the light must be blinking to do a manual regen. How many hours do you have on yours now?

/ Another ECU update letter? #7  
You can't just press the regen button and do a Manual regen anytime you want, the light must be blinking to do a manual regen. How many hours do you have on yours now?

250 hours.

/ Another ECU update letter? #8  
If you have already had the ECU update done than you are fine. I am not aware of any new updates. All dealers had to report back to Kioti with sign off sheets that each tractor was completed. If Kioti has sent you another letter than it means that they are still showing your tractor as not completed. You may want to inform your dealer that Kioti sent you another letter and needs to be informed that your tractor is completed.

If your tractor has not been done than please call your dealer to arrange. I am not aware of any changes in operation or power caused by the update.

/ Another ECU update letter? #9  

You can do a manual regen at anytime. Tractor just needs to be at running temperate and parked. Then hold the button down and the manual regen will start.

/ Another ECU update letter?
You can do a manual regen at anytime. Tractor just needs to be at running temperate and parked. Then hold the button down and the manual regen will start.
I'll have to try it again some time then, I've never been able to get it to work, and was even told by the dealer back after I Bought it it would not work. I really have no reason to do one, but would be nice to if I did.