NX 6010 fuel consumption

/ NX 6010 fuel consumption #1  

Overtaxed

Tractor
Kioti NX6010, JD 2720 w/46BH, Honda Pioneer 1000
What should I expect for GPH on an NX6010 at PTO speed? Just wondering if I need a transfer tank to keep this thing from getting thirsty! ;)

/ NX 6010 fuel consumption #2  
It takes fuel to make power. More power = more fuel.
Hard to say how much fuel, you might have to keep track and let us know.

/ NX 6010 fuel consumption #3  
Load will affect GPH as much as, or more than rpm alone won't it?

/ NX 6010 fuel consumption
Load will affect GPH as much as, or more than rpm alone won't it?

I'm not sure. I figured that the throttle position set how much fuel was being injected into the engine so it would be constant at a specific RPM. That may not be how it works at all, so, if it's load dependent, I could see how that would be hard to figure out. I'm just looking for a zip code though, those with an NX series, how much fuel do you run through in X hours doing Y work? Or, put another way, how long do you run it typically and how much fuel on the gauge do you see going down? If this doesn't get answered, I'll do my own tests in a few weeks when I get delivery, I'd think this would be of interest to more than just me. ;)

/ NX 6010 fuel consumption #5  
We're not really setting fuel delivery with the throttle, rather we're telling the governor what rpm to maintain and it will adjust fuel according to load to do just that. Those load variations will skew some numbers, as do efficiencies of different makes/models. IMO there are so many variables there that only units might be constants, and I'd like to see Ray Magliozzi derive a formula we could use. :D

A controlled (relevant) experiment isn't likely, as how many of us would pull the same tool thru the same ground at the same speed with similarly efficient machines to quantify the data (one 'T' in that, btw) and vet our formula? We might more easily find a shortcut to divine how drunk two different folks can expect get on a six pack, or how many gal of ice cream it'd take to add 2" to one's waist. (I'd love to be proven wrong ... and learn something ..)

My 2.9L JD (~45 hp) has worked hardest when discing, and I doubt if it's ever drank >2gph. That soil conditions varied so much over the 4ac I worked I could only guess, and multiplying hrs would multiply error. (Remember how statistics are grouped with politicians and other liars ... :rolleyes:)

/ NX 6010 fuel consumption #6  
What should I expect for GPH on an NX6010 at PTO speed? Just wondering if I need a transfer tank to keep this thing from getting thirsty! ;)

About a 1/4 to 1/3rd tank every two hours of constant use depending upon load based on using my 1200 pound rotary cutter and how hilly things are.

/ NX 6010 fuel consumption
About a 1/4 to 1/3rd tank every two hours of constant use depending upon load based on using my 1200 pound rotary cutter and how hilly things are.

Call it between 2-3 gallons per hour when mowing? How big is your cutter Eric (just curious)?

/ NX 6010 fuel consumption #8  
Call it between 2-3 gallons per hour when mowing?

I get about the same with my 5510 at WOT and a 8' twin spindle cutter in fairly thick growth, or my 7-1/2' disk. About the only two implements I've used for hours at a time none stop at WOT.