Tires Removing rims

/ Removing rims #1  

bubbu55

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK35 HST
I have to get tire and rim off tractor to re-seat bead I lost over winter. I own a 08 ck35 and first time removing wheel. I have the bolts removed and nuts removed from studs in wheel. Any tips to get wheel to break free without damaging existing studs would be helpful, again first time for me and rim seems to be hung up. I know how hard it is to get Al. Alloy wheel to break free on our cars, wondering if it happens on tractors also. Thanks

/ Removing rims #2  
Yes it can get stuck just like a car wheel. May require tapping the back of the rim with a hammer while it is off the ground. You didn't say whether it is a front or back wheel but the same method applies. Just be careful if its a rear which will be much heavier.

Another way to get it to break loose is put the bolts and nuts back on and leave them a thread or so loose then move the tractor forward and backward slowly. With the bolts / nuts loose the wheel can flex more and may come loose.

Once you get it off put some never seize on the hub / back of wheel to prevent it from sticking next time. No never seize, then apply a tin layer of grease before putting back on.

/ Removing rims #3  
Even if you pound on the back side of the rim/wheel, put the nuts back on 2 of the studs a couple of threads. This way if the wheel pops off it won't fall right off.