Loader NX4510 FEL

/ NX4510 FEL #1  

American Yeti

Tractor
Kioti NX 4510
Hi all,
I finally got some time on my new tractor. Other than what appears to be a few setup issues, I love this tractor.

Something I noticed is that while trying to dump the bucket while raising the loader is they don't seem to be able to happen at the same time. Almost like they are on the same circuit.

Is this something I should expect? I was under the impression I would be able to do both at the same time since it is identified on the joystick.

Thanks

/ NX4510 FEL #2  
...Something I noticed is that while trying to dump the bucket while raising the loader is they don't seem to be able to happen at the same time. ...

My DK45S is similar. I have heard some brands are allow blended lift/curl much better. But as a ham-fisted amateur, running one axis at a time is fine with me. A pro might have a different view.

/ NX4510 FEL #3  
Not enough hydraulic flow to do both reliably at the same time. 10 gpm just doesn't go far between 4 cylinders all at the same time. Also the cylinders with the lesser pressure, which in this case would be the bucket cylinders will get most of the flow.

/ NX4510 FEL
Not enough hydraulic flow to do both reliably at the same time. 10 gpm just doesn't go far between 4 cylinders all at the same time. Also the cylinders with the lesser pressure, which in this case would be the bucket cylinders will get most of the flow.

This may be my ignorance speaking (not unusual) but the NX4510 pump is rated at 16.5 GPM (2GPM more than the DK). is the 10 GPM only what the FEL will use at any given time? i.e. the bucket will use 9GPM and the arm will "use" the remaining 1GPM?

So if that's all true, using the grapple will be a substantially different experience.

/ NX4510 FEL #5  
IIRC, there is a fast regen location on the FEL lever/stick, (on the DK Series) that should allow faster dumping, though possibly not at the same time as when raising the loader, especially if full of stuff to be dumped. This may or may not be part of your loader's functioning valves set-up. What you get so far as speed of functions may depend to some extent on the engine's RPMs at the time of operation.

/ NX4510 FEL
What you get so far as speed of functions may depend to some extent on the engine's RPM.
Yeah, it definitely does in the case of the NX4510. Honestly, with all the "new" going on, I may have been running lower RPMs vs where I was trying to keep it (2600). It's a lot like tapping your head and rubbing your stomach at the same time. It's doable but that first time is a bit off.

/ NX4510 FEL #7  
The KL130 loader on my CK35 reacts the same way. Almost impossible to raise arms and dump at the same time. But it can be done. In my case I have found that you have to raise the arms very, very slowly then start to dump. It is a very fluid 2 axis movement, but painstakingly slow. Almost unproductive. Most of the time I will operate one axis at a time like Ritcheyvs. Lowering arms and curling is no problem.

/ NX4510 FEL #8  
Also check your loader hoses where they go under the right side step. There have been a few issues were the step rubs through one of the hoses, like on mine. It is an easy fix.

/ NX4510 FEL #9  
I haven't really noticed an issue on my NX5510 (same loader). I can do raise/lower and dump/curl "at the same time," but it might not be as fast as one would think/like.

Some machines are better at this. Kubota is pretty good, but I think there's a trade-off in total lift capacity (or maybe not; Kubota is a leading-edge manufacturer, having excavators and such, which really tend to see a lot more concurrent hydraulic activity than our tractors). I know that I can get an excavator into a circus-ride-like situation if I'm trying to curl the bucket and arm while also spinning the carriage: the thing will start jumping around and bucking- if I slow these functions down, or interleave them, then it smooths back out; in my experience Bobcat's excavators aren't very good at dealing with this- Takauchi excavators are a lot better (smoother).