NX4510 - NX6010 motors

/ NX4510 - NX6010 motors #21  
Quick question I have been wondering about.

You say you always run about 2k rpm, and that is sort of self-explanatory ... except for startup. Do you go right up to 2k or do you wrm it up a bit first and go up when the temp gauge gets off the low end?

/ NX4510 - NX6010 motors #22  
Warm up a few - not long before I move in linked pedal mode. Then when I start to actually do something I run it up.

/ NX4510 - NX6010 motors #24  
I was doing some more part number cross checking and found that the injector pumps are not the same on the 45 and 60HP tractors. The injectors and turbo units are the same number on both tractors. I believe someone stated that you could shim the injector pump to a different setting. That would make sense to increase the fuel charge to the motor to make more HP.
In a common rail fuel system all the injection pump does is pressurize the fuel in the rail. The ECM pulses the injector to deliver fuel. The software in the ECM will determine how much. I'm sure the turbo boost is ECM controlled also. It has to be for emissions control.

/ NX4510 - NX6010 motors
In a common rail fuel system all the injection pump does is pressurize the fuel in the rail. The ECM pulses the injector to deliver fuel. The software in the ECM will determine how much. I'm sure the turbo boost is ECM controlled also. It has to be for emissions control.

That is what I thought. Hopefully somebody will figure out a way to override or rewrite the software in the future.

/ NX4510 - NX6010 motors #27  
Hey Eric!

Nice post. Do you have a system in that manual? If so, how do you like it?

About the common rail thing, the extra regulator inline with the normal regulator might run into the ECU only spitting in enough fuel for the power you bought, and if you DID put in the extra regulator, it might run leaner than you want. I'd want to know before doing it, and Asian engine manuracturers are not really forthcoming about their firmware. I hope someone come out with a programmer for it!

/ NX4510 - NX6010 motors
   / NX4510 - NX6010 motors #29  
Thanks for the info Eric. I'll look into this to see what I can find out.. The real killer is if the programming is done in an Asian language.

Next time you're at a Kioti shop, take a look at what they're using and make note of it.