NX4510HST more issues

/ NX4510HST more issues #31  
Fair enough on the comments in RED. Guess I'm thinking about moving thru grown up fields and in and around brush piles where damaging the boots could occur since they are unprotected. Definitely will continue to follow this thread for updates as well. If I have the time I may try to pull one off and go see if a replacement could be fabricated locally. While Eric's design protects the boots when straight I don't think they are long enough to protect them when the wheels are turned. May be a reason for that but can't confirm since weather and other commitments have kept me and the tractor apart :-(

/ NX4510HST more issues #32  
I have run my B7800 through some of the nastiest stuff you're ever going to find and I have never torn one of its boots. However, I did manage to break one of the tie rod ends once. I've also managed to pop off the main hydraulic return line which is tucked WAY up inside the core frame channel. My point here is that sometimes you hit something just right, and most of the time you miss. Seems that no matter what there's always going to be something that's going to bypass any defense system we put in place. Yeah, it sucks when you take the hit.

/ NX4510HST more issues #33  
DieselBound, does the B7800 have the same issue with exposed steering boots? I agree with those statements too. I'll be watching for the boots to get ripped then some other part will get damaged :) Sometimes you just can't avoid Murphy.. LOL

/ NX4510HST more issues #34  
QUOTE: Coyote machine~I've returned home recently, and had a chance to examine the steering rod and dust boots situation more closely.
I now remember what the issue was with my DK-40, which uses the same too short metal shield to protect the inner boot, NOT the tie-rod's/ball joint's boot.

JimR stated: I have looked hard at these steering guards on my NX4510 and they are useless. The guards cover the top of the tie rod, not the rubbers or the underside of the tie rods. They basically are two worthless pieces of steel installed to look good. Sometime in the near future I plan to make a set of useful guards to replace these. I'll post pictures and details afterwards. Cool!

As for your tie rod boots. I would remove one of them and get all the dimensions of its size. I would do a serious search for them on the intenet. I'm sure that somebody out there has a replacement for them or a rubber boot that would come close to what you have.
[/QUOTE]

I'm saying:
Jim R, we're still speaking about two different things. I made the mistake earlier in one of my first posts in this thread about tie-rod end boots when in fact the issue is the STEERING ARM's dust boot which is the only thing partially protected by Kioti's factory supplied and totally inadequate metal shield, you referenced above. I'm re stating this clarification so people who read this thread will hopefully be able to make sense of just what the problem is and what possible solutions may be. BTW, I did reference a site that may have tie-rod boots that could fit Kioti's, possibly, in case anyone is looking for a source for that particular boot.
I hope you do come up with a workable mod for the crappy current steering rod shield that comes on the tractors from the factory.
Power to you on that!:thumbsup:

/ NX4510HST more issues #35  
I'd have to look. I might be confusing things with other linkage boots. As a matter of fact, I HAVE ripped other things (steering related) and just let them go: probably been like that for a LONG time.

I do know that there's no way I'm going to be thrashing the Kioti through brush like I had done (and still will do, though less than I used to) with the B7800. I would literally be climbing on top of brush with the B7800. As much as Mr Murphy pesters me I'd have to say that I probably have been pretty darn lucky!