New Pup in the Pack NX5010H - HST, ROPS

/ New Pup in the Pack NX5010H - HST, ROPS #1  

Bigfish50

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti NX5010 and 54 Massey Ferguson TO35
Hi All,

Just wanted to say "Hey". Joined the forum around a year ago and first time posting. Will take delivery on tractor listed in the title tomorrow. Anyhow, part time cattle farmer on 25 ac in the hills of middle Tennessee working to make it my full time job don't cha know. I've been dabbling a little on this site and others doing research so I will extend my thanks to all the members here who have posted their feedback on features, function, and issues with these tractors. Information was very helpful! I'll prolly ask a lot more questions as the days go on and hopefully over time will be able to give back as you guys do so very well.

Thanks!

/ New Pup in the Pack NX5010H - HST, ROPS #2  
Welcome to the pack, and TBN, from Southeast Missouri.

/ New Pup in the Pack NX5010H - HST, ROPS
Thanks countrybumpkin! Look forward to continuing to read the many posts that get aired out here :)

/ New Pup in the Pack NX5010H - HST, ROPS #4  
What a way to start out with a first post- talking about a just-acquired tractor!:D

/ New Pup in the Pack NX5010H - HST, ROPS #5  
Welcome to the pack!

/ New Pup in the Pack NX5010H - HST, ROPS #6  
Hi All,

Just wanted to say "Hey". Joined the forum around a year ago and first time posting. Will take delivery on tractor listed in the title tomorrow. Anyhow, part time cattle farmer on 25 ac in the hills of middle Tennessee working to make it my full time job don't cha know. I've been dabbling a little on this site and others doing research so I will extend my thanks to all the members here who have posted their feedback on features, function, and issues with these tractors. Information was very helpful! I'll prolly ask a lot more questions as the days go on and hopefully over time will be able to give back as you guys do so very well.

Thanks!

Welcome aboard. One thing I strongly suggest is putting a wire through your HST shift lever roll pin before it comes out on you as mine did recently where I smashed the plastic cover that goes around the shifter when it let go. If you have a loader, make sure that the hoses under the right side step are not being rubbed through by the step because somebody tightened them onto the FEL valve in a downward position when they were installed. Keep an eye on your radiator drain plug as mine is severely cracked after only two years and 88 hours. Only minor things so far to deal with. Filters can be bought cheap if you do your research.

/ New Pup in the Pack NX5010H - HST, ROPS
JimR, thanks very much for your insight on what to be on the lookout for. I did take delivery yesterday and one issue did pop up immediately. The driver pointed out that the mirror on my open station was dangling :talktothehand: He guessed that between the time they received it and delivery someone looking at the tractor must have tried to get on the tractor using the mirror as a hand hold position. Anyhow, since roundtrip is 3+hours he is going to mail the replacement bracket. I'm good with that.

Thus far I've ran the tractor about 6 hours doing some brush cutting and it has been awesome so far. Keep in mind my other tractor has been a TO-35 so night and day's difference to say the least. Have a 5 foot brush cutter from TSC I used with the TO-35 and the new NX doesn't even breath hard when pulling that thing up and down the hills in tall briars.

I did opt for the FEL but haven't used that yet. I'm really happy with the purchase thus far and will continue to post as the hours accumulate.

/ New Pup in the Pack NX5010H - HST, ROPS #8  
JimR, thanks very much for your insight on what to be on the lookout for. I did take delivery yesterday and one issue did pop up immediately. The driver pointed out that the mirror on my open station was dangling :talktothehand: He guessed that between the time they received it and delivery someone looking at the tractor must have tried to get on the tractor using the mirror as a hand hold position. Anyhow, since roundtrip is 3+hours he is going to mail the replacement bracket. I'm good with that.

Thus far I've ran the tractor about 6 hours doing some brush cutting and it has been awesome so far. Keep in mind my other tractor has been a TO-35 so night and day's difference to say the least. Have a 5 foot brush cutter from TSC I used with the TO-35 and the new NX doesn't even breath hard when pulling that thing up and down the hills in tall briars.

I did opt for the FEL but haven't used that yet. I'm really happy with the purchase thus far and will continue to post as the hours accumulate.

Funny that you mentioned the rear side mirror bracket. Mine is also broken at the outside weld and ready to break off. I can weld it and paint it quicker than I can haul my tractor to the nearest dealer. I do not use my mirror and will fix the bracket someday. There are a few other issues that you need to be aware of like low wires underneath, the fuel line outlet underneath is in a precarious low hanging place with no guard and the front rubbers on the steering can get ripped open easily if you don't extend the guards. You can thank some of the other members for bringing these issues to light. I found the gas line nipple to be a really big issue if you ever catch a large branch on it. Eric found the wire issue and steering rod rubbers. Most are minor and easy fixes. The best advice is to stay off of big brush piles unless you plan on putting a large underbelly pan to protect the underneath of your tractor. The fuel tank can get nailed easily by large brush too. I plan on guarding up all the areas that need attention in the future with stainless steel plate.