Oil & Fuel How to change fuel filter on DK45s

/ How to change fuel filter on DK45s #1  

WTexRancher

Tractor
Kioti DK45s
I recently purchased a 2008 Kioti DK45s. It has a fuel filter that looks similar to an oil filter. So far, I have been unable to get the old filter off. I am not sure how much pressure I can put on the filter without tearing the bracket up. The manual that I have does not explain where the fuel shut off valve is located and it does not explain where the valve is to bleed off the air in the system. These are all questions that I have. I would appreciate any help that I can get.

/ How to change fuel filter on DK45s #2  
The fuel filter should be in the clear plastic bowl next to the engine. The oil filter looking object should be the engine oil filter or the hydrostatic or hydraulic filters. Got a picture? The hydrostatic filter needs a chain wrench to take it off, the 1200 lb gorilla at the factory that puts those on is a beast!

/ How to change fuel filter on DK45s #3  
I recently purchased a 2008 Kioti DK45s. It has a fuel filter that looks similar to an oil filter. So far, I have been unable to get the old filter off. I am not sure how much pressure I can put on the filter without tearing the bracket up. The manual that I have does not explain where the fuel shut off valve is located and it does not explain where the valve is to bleed off the air in the system. These are all questions that I have. I would appreciate any help that I can get.

Here is what the fuel filter looks like on my 2006 DK45s:
IMG_20170506_183418470.jpg
This filter is on the right side near the back of the engine.

It looks like a spin-on oil filter with a white plastic screw-in plug in the bottom (to drain any water). I don't recall if I used an oil filter wrench (that fits on the bottom) or a strap wrench last time I replaced it. The vent (to purge air) is on the top, behind the filter in this photo, I think. The idea is to open the vent and crank the engine to fill the filter with fuel while air (or fuel) escapes through the open plug. But you can also fill the filter with fuel (or Diesel Purge) before installing to make purging easy. I don't recall an actual shutoff valve but maybe there is one.

There may be other types of fuel filter on the DK45s, which came with two different engines, but I don't think so. On the online parts sites it is shown in the chassis section under "oil filter group"; that isn't logical but that's where it is.