Do I nitpick the Dealer?

/ Do I nitpick the Dealer? #11  
Be sure to give the dealer a neatly typed list of the discrepancies. Discrepancies should not be communicated orally.

Before tractor leaves the dealer, go over the list to be sure everything has been corrected.

/ Do I nitpick the Dealer? #12  
No need to start off on the wrong foot with your dealer. Just give him your punch list and check results when they return it. There is nothing wrong with wanting a new machine to be assembled correctly when delivered.

/ Do I nitpick the Dealer? #13  
I totally agree with rgr33. Just approach this as you and your dealer are going to work TOGETHER to ensure things are taken care of. You have to give your dealer a chance; the dealer cannot resolve what he does not know about.

On the battery, yeah, it got on the trailer. That's a pretty quick discharge. I'd want a new battery.

I had several issues with my NX. Wasn't real happy: I went for a cab only to get one that was leaking! took two attempts to cure it; loader was manufactured incorrectly- twisted; dealer got that taken care of real fast. I'm kind of on the fence about my dealer; but, I will still go there to buy things from time to time; it does neither of us any good for them to go out of business. I believe that it's in everyone's interest to improve, so that's how I look at it- I expect the dealer to improve (and for myself to improve on communicating [I don't feel that I've perfected it, so it's always striving to do better] and to be patient).

Keep to the high road.

/ Do I nitpick the Dealer? #14  
The newer backhoe valves do have boots they are just underneath and more difficult to see. IMO the newer valves are much better than the ones with external boots.

/ Do I nitpick the Dealer? #15  
Punch list! Write it down! It's business / money. They have your money, they should be good for quality service.

/ Do I nitpick the Dealer? #16  
Be sure to give the dealer a neatly typed list of the discrepancies. Discrepancies should not be communicated orally.

Before tractor leaves the dealer, go over the list to be sure everything has been corrected.

Very important point. Go over everything at the dealer at pickup.

/ Do I nitpick the Dealer? #17  
If you don't stand up and get it fixed now they may say in the future, why did you wait until now to call us after something went wrong. That is what a warranty is for.

/ Do I nitpick the Dealer?
lol, I laugh to ease my new pain. I was awoken by the sound of my tractor being drop off, without me knowing it was even ready. Almost all issues were dealt with minus the backhoe bucket not having replaceable teeth(I didn't think they were going to make that right(insert bad words here!)). I was told that the reason the backhoe pin got shaved was because some young fella didn't used the right mounting holes in the under bracket mount. That cause the cross-member to not sit right so he shaved the pins to "Fix" it. They remounted it the right way and gave us new pins. The hydraulic leaks were because he didn't tighten the hoses after adding a second valve and third function. They replaced the wiper bottle. Q the new pain; I took off the backhoe now being over a month after we bought the tractor the Field grass is growing and I wanted to mow it down. The backhoe came off with minimal difficulty considering this was my first time(O Im sure going back on will not be the same). I backed up to my new rotary cutter thinking this should be simple. (Screams to the Heavens) Why Why is this. I am missing the pin (any pin) to connect the toplink to the mower (the tractor's toplink pin was in the draft slot). I have no pin to connect it up further more I can see I am gonna need a bushing to reduce the toplink ball socket down. Then two of us tried for over an hour to get the Drive shaft onto the PTO (doesn't seem to be the same sizes). Oh and they didn't even add any more hydraulic for my troubles; its just in the safe range where it was when it left me but still. cheap(insert more bad words here!). At least they put the toothbar on the FEL bucket that we order a month and change ago(gee whiz).

I have a different thread discussing the whole PTO problem.
I'm just wondering why it seems like no one at this dealership seems to know the meaning of quality control, or check your work. How hard is it to look over something and make sure everything is there and works?

/ Do I nitpick the Dealer? #19  
cat 2 3pt hitch connecting to a cat 1 3pt hitch implement = bushings needed

cat 2 3pt hitch uses larger pins than cat 1 3pt hitch.

your tractor can handle cat 2 3pt hitch implements. and most likely has cat 2 lower lift arms and top link connection points.
the mower is a cat 1 3pt hitch implement.

/ Do I nitpick the Dealer?
My dilemma/headache is the dealership knew, this was my first and only tractor I bought the whole setup from them. Whether as addition cost or not, I have no pin nor bushing to hook it up. I just feel so let down that no one seem to care enough to check thing at all, nor check to see if I received all the parts required.

I hate feeling like all I am doing is ranting, instead of enjoying this tractor. Some of it is inexperience in dealing with the dealership/tractor and not knowing whats what. I have a lot of chores that need this working and I'm just tired of sitting and waiting.