Aftermarket stereo install in an NX cab

/ Aftermarket stereo install in an NX cab #11  
Diesel, I have the same wire harness adapter but am not sure what the orange wire ties to, can you tell me what you connected it to on the radio side?

/ Aftermarket stereo install in an NX cab
I tend to get wiring stuff done and then blank the trauma from my mind! :laughing: But... I "think" orange is a dimmer wire. Check on your stereo's wiring diagram for its dimmer wire (likely orange/white if not just orange). Not sure that this even matters given that that I don't think our tractors have light dimming. On the tractor side I think that the wire is just tied to switched power, though I cannot recall for certain.

/ Aftermarket stereo install in an NX cab #13  
Hmm, yeah there is no dimmer wire on the stereo harness, just ignition, battery, front and back speakers. That is why I was unsure. Guessing it is not needed, but wanted to make sure it did not maybe tie into ignition or something.

I tend to get wiring stuff done and then blank the trauma from my mind! :laughing: But... I "think" orange is a dimmer wire. Check on your stereo's wiring diagram for its dimmer wire (likely orange/white if not just orange). Not sure that this even matters given that that I don't think our tractors have light dimming. On the tractor side I think that the wire is just tied to switched power, though I cannot recall for certain.

/ Aftermarket stereo install in an NX cab #14  
Hey All.....

When you guys used the honda wiring harness to plug into the Kioti factory harness....did you just wire the honda harness to the radio and plug it into the tractor or did you remove some unnecessary wires from the radio/honda harness connection first (such as the orange dimmer wire)?

If a wire isn't needed there should be no harm in just plugging harness into harness and call it good correct?

Thanks guys.......just trying to get my thoughts straight before I do an install on my NX5010

/ Aftermarket stereo install in an NX cab #16  
This may be a silly question, but did the cab come with pre-installed speakers or do you have to add those also?

This may be a silly question, but did the cab come with pre-installed speakers or do you have to add those also?

There are two already installed. Not the greatest, but they seem good enough: my dealer used RTV to seal up my cab top (took them two times to resolve the leak), in which case getting up and in there, should I ever have to do so, is going to be a big pain- I told them that that was a stupid thing to do (use butyl seal/tape instead!).

/ Aftermarket stereo install in an NX cab #18  
Not sure which Honda wiring harness you're referring to, but this one works (I used it):
Amazon.com: Stereo Wire Harness Isuzu Rodeo �2 �3 �4 2��4 (car radio wiring installation parts): Automotive

Yes, harness wires into the radio and then it's just a plug-and-play operation to hook up to the tractor.

I just tape back unused wires.

Thanks for the confirmation Diesel. I am referencing the harness in this link:
Metra Part # 7-7712 | Isuzu wire harness | Honda wire harness | Metra Online

I've seen a few threads where this was mentioned and wanted to make sure it worked. It looks like the same one you mentioned.

/ Aftermarket stereo install in an NX cab #19  
Guess this is old school response but my tractor activities require my attention to the task. A radio is a distraction, even in repetitive mowing, the mower is always in both mirrors or monitored by eye contact.

If an issue occurs W/ an implement, I want to hear about it immediately. My cab interior is about 78 decibels so the radio would require more volume. Besides, why have a HST transmission if you can't hear the whine?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-06-24-11-47-46_kindlephoto-47683239.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-06-24-11-47-46_kindlephoto-47683239.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
   / Aftermarket stereo install in an NX cab #20  
I am installing a radio and LED's in my new DK4210. Can you tell me what brand your LEDs are?
Have you experienced any radio interference with the LEDs on?
Thanks in advance.
John E.