Just turned 100 hours yesterday and happy

/ Just turned 100 hours yesterday and happy #1  

JimR

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti NX4510HST
Yesterday my NX4510HST turned 100 hours while spreading out 20 tons of crushed stone on our logging road. Other than a few minor issues mentioned in earlier posts, this tractor has been a dream to own and use. It has handled every task that I have put it up against so far. I also dropped a 35 foot tall 8" standing dead Birch tree with it yesterday by just pulling it over with a long 1" thick marine grade rope rated for 80k. The tree would have landed on my neighbor 's property and ruined his electric fence had I not removed it. I'm sure he appreciates it being gone since it was leaning over onto his land.

Attachments

• DSC04714.JPG
    DSC04714.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 162
  • DSC04713.JPG
    DSC04713.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 186
   / Just turned 100 hours yesterday and happy #2  
Yesterday my NX4510HST turned 100 hours while spreading out 20 tons of crushed stone on our logging road. Other than a few minor issues mentioned in earlier posts, this tractor has been a dream to own and use. It has handled every task that I have put it up against so far. I also dropped a 35 foot tall 8" standing dead Birch tree with it yesterday by just pulling it over with a long 1" thick marine grade rope rated for 80k. The tree would have landed on my neighbor 's property and ruined his electric fence had I not removed it. I'm sure he appreciates it being gone since it was leaning over onto his land.

My older DK35se is over 400 hours now and as you stated they are a joy to operate. Pretty handy too!:)

/ Just turned 100 hours yesterday and happy #3  
One caution on rope: If the rope breaks under much tension, it can whip back at hazardous speed. I has that happen once and it sounded like a gun shot; fortunately, nobody was injured.

/ Just turned 100 hours yesterday and happy
One caution on rope: If the rope breaks under much tension, it can whip back at hazardous speed. I has that happen once and it sounded like a gun shot; fortunately, nobody was injured.

Thanks for the reminder. I am well aware of the hazards of using any kind of cable, rope, and even chains when pulling something or taking down a tree. 44 years ago I broke my first chain while hauling a huge log out of the woods when the hook snapped off at the log. The chain came right up over the tailgate and smashed the back widow. I have seen a 3/8 cable snap in half on me pulling down a tree. The cable core was rotted out. The outside looked brand new. You never know what the inside is like until it is too late. I have two 1" ropes that I use for tree work when I need them. One is rated at 100K and the one I used today is rated for 80K. Both are in really good condition. These are both 50 foot lengths of rope. I use two grade 70 chains between the tractor and rope for more room and to allow the rope to drop if it broke. For really tall trees I use a 100 foot 1/2 cable that I keep oiled up and stored indoors.

/ Just turned 100 hours yesterday and happy #5  
Your muscles and bones will thank you even more in years to come...indeed there good investments.

My older DK35se is over 400 hours now and as you stated they are a joy to operate. Pretty handy too!:)

I agree wholeheartedly with you. This is by far the best tractor that I have owned since my first 8N purchase back in 1978.

Your muscles and bones will thank you even more in years to come...indeed there good investments.

This is my first brand new tractor. I had owned an 8N all the way back to 1978 and a Cub 7275 previous to this one from 2004. Over the years I cannot begin to tell anyone how much back saving they have done for me or how much money they have saved me. I don't think I could ever live without one now. I would be willing to bet that I have put over 4000 hours on the two previous tractors.

/ Just turned 100 hours yesterday and happy #8  
My 2013 DK45HSE has 245 hours and has paid for itself and implements purchase prices- not counting my labor. Only issue were those caused by myself.

/ Just turned 100 hours yesterday and happy #9  
Nice to hear, Jim!

Getting the early bugs worked out and on to doing productive work is really a relief. I've got 80 hrs on my NX and I feel that I've got it pretty much all set up for the tasks that I need to do. I've hauled over 150 tons of material. The NX moves my loaded dump trailer with nary a grunt. And before the PTO shaft gave up on my cutter I was ripping through some brush like it wasn't there: having a cab to shield a lot of the noise generated from smashing up brush is a godsend!

Nice to hear, Jim!

Getting the early bugs worked out and on to doing productive work is really a relief. I've got 80 hrs on my NX and I feel that I've got it pretty much all set up for the tasks that I need to do. I've hauled over 150 tons of material. The NX moves my loaded dump trailer with nary a grunt. And before the PTO shaft gave up on my cutter I was ripping through some brush like it wasn't there: having a cab to shield a lot of the noise generated from smashing up brush is a godsend!

Hopefully this winter I will have time to make up some underbelly guards to protect the fuel tank, hydraulic filter, wiring and front end tie rods. The tie rod ends will be my first mission to fix.