Oil & Fuel New Tractor - Little concerned, ok a LOT!

/ New Tractor - Little concerned, ok a LOT!
I try to always remember what my Dad used to tell me all the time (since it's Father's Day!)... None of us is as smart as all of us.

Frank

Sounds like your Dad was a wise man....and I also have that same philosophy. Happy Father's Day btw.

Top up the fluids and start checking them frequently. You'll know if there is a leak soon enough. Likely it will just even out.
And yea, ask questions. After the answer you got from the dealer, i probably wouldn't be calling them again..

That sounds reasonable enough, thanks.

Well, I probably won't unless it's a necessity... nice enough folks, just not well versed it seems on these tractors.

/ New Tractor - Little concerned, ok a LOT! #23  
Wow.... ok. So I did go to my dealer and I got a "that's strange"... didn't have a clue. Do I give him kudos for that, or is there something else you'd like for me to ask him? And BTW... I haven't checked all your posts comancheflight but I sure hope you haven't posted any questions on here that a dealer could possibly have answered, as that would have been... well, awkward. And here I thought this was a forum that was for asking questions and getting answers from a much larger audience than ONE dealer, who may, or may not know what they're doing. But I take it you only ask questions here that cannot be answered by your dealer... if so, kudos to you. Do you mind if I get the number to you dealer, as they obviously know much more than mine. And thanks for that helpful reply you gave me, makes me now just want to ask questions directly of you and my dealer directly to get all the useful info I might need.

Niiiccccce!

/ New Tractor - Little concerned, ok a LOT! #24  
One other thought - how long was the tractor sitting before you checked the levels? On my John Deere the fluid always shows way low when I shut it off. The level comes back to normal over a few hours. The manual says always let it sit overnight before checking level and adding fluid.

One other thought - how long was the tractor sitting before you checked the levels? On my John Deere the fluid always shows way low when I shut it off. The level comes back to normal over a few hours. The manual says always let it sit overnight before checking level and adding fluid.

KennyG that's good to know, but initially it had probably set an hour or so, but then I checked it the next day without moving/starting it an the results were the same.

I will keep what you said in mind though for future reference. Thx.

/ New Tractor - Little concerned, ok a LOT! #26  
Yeh, keep checking the levels. Also check around the cylinders and external hydraulic lines for signs of leaking...now and forever. Also inspect the f axle housing seals.
My DK45 once lost the entire contents of the axle case onto the floor of the barn when the o-ring seal split.