How release hydraulic pressure to front hyd lines ?

/ How release hydraulic pressure to front hyd lines ? #1  

PetersenRockFarm

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti NX6010
Hi all. Kioti NX6010 with set of additional hydraulic lines added to front for attachments.

Connecting attachment hydraulic couplers is hit or miss -- thinking there is pressure in The lines that needs to be released. However can't seem to figure out how to release the pressure.

The aftermarket joystick has an up and down button on the right-hand side to activate the front hydraulic lines click that up and down several times both with engine running and then with engine off still can't get couplers connected.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Erik

Petersen Rock Farm

/ How release hydraulic pressure to front hyd lines ? #2  
Sounds like the pressure is in the attachment. Which part of the connector [M/F] is on the attachment?

/ How release hydraulic pressure to front hyd lines ?
Right now I am trying to attach tree/post puller - it has both male and female couplers, neither one will go forward on to the tractor connector.

IMG_2331.JPG

/ How release hydraulic pressure to front hyd lines ? #5  
Hi all. Kioti NX6010 with set of additional hydraulic lines added to front for attachments.

Connecting attachment hydraulic couplers is hit or miss -- thinking there is pressure in The lines that needs to be released. However can't seem to figure out how to release the pressure.

The aftermarket joystick has an up and down button on the right-hand side to activate the front hydraulic lines click that up and down several times both with engine running and then with engine off still can't get couplers connected.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Erik

Petersen Rock Farm

Well, operating the buttons with the engine running won't help a bit, Nor will operating the buttons with the engine off unless the key switch is on and the solenoids are free to operate the valves. So, turn the key off, the engine ceases to run, Then turn key on to provide power to the solenoids, operate the buttons multiple times.

NOW, all that said, is there pressure in the lines of the implement you are trying to hook up? There probably is for a number of reasons. One reason is the sun shining on the black hydraulic hoses raises the pressure in the hoses. Even if the equipment side has no pressure the implement side can have significant pressure. Another reason is that the implement can "shift" and gravity acting on the cylinder can cause the implement line pressure to rise.

Here is my procedure, and I NEVER have any problem hooking up my grapple. Make sure the grapple lid is closed in a resting condition. Stop engine and I work my remote lever back and forth several times. This is the equivalent of your stopping the engine and then turning the key back on to energize the solenoids and operating your buttons several times. I then unhook my hoses from the tractor, then I hook the hoses, Male and Female back to each other. Then I unhook them at least once to allow a small amount of fluid to puke out of the lines. If I am not satisfied with the amount of fluid puked out I will hook and unhook them again. The goal is to get rid of some of the fluid in the lines and connectors. Now hook the connectors back to each other (male and female) the final time and store the implement. If the temperature rises in the hoses, the deficit of fluid in the lines will help prevent the connectors from being able to be hooked back to the tractor. Air in the lines is compressible, fluid is not.

/ How release hydraulic pressure to front hyd lines ? #6  
Make sure the key is on and the engine is off. Then click the loader 3rd function button several times both ways. That will take the pressure off the 3rd function lines.

If it still won't go on then slowly loosen the coupler on the tree puller and let a little fluid bleed off. That will release the pressure. You may have to loosen both couplers to let the pressure off both sides of the cylinder.

If it still won't hook up then the couplers are mis-matched or there is something wrong with the coupler.

Next time when you take the tree puller off connect its couplers together. That will help keep the pressure off and help keep the couplers clean.

/ How release hydraulic pressure to front hyd lines ? #7  
I put a rag over the end of the ball detent on the male coupler then hit it with the handle section of a hammer to allow overpressurized fluid in the attachment's lines to bleed off enough that the lines will then connect to the female QDs attached to my FEL torque tube. (The rag keeps me and my eyes safe from hydraulic fluid squirting out of the lines under pressure, and keeps me from wearing the fluid too.) If there is still overpressure built up in the tractor's lines then the movement back and forth of the FEL stick will reduce it and the lines will then connect.

Hey first of all all of you rock - I look forward to helping others after learning more (and more!)

Releasing pressure on hydraulic cylinder of attachment did it. I knew that was it as soon as I could not connect the male and female off of the attachment together. Once I relieved the pressure a little spurted out immediately and then they connected like buttah :).

Ok. Off to pull trees. Happy Sunday all. Thank you a ton!!!

Erik

/ How release hydraulic pressure to front hyd lines ? #9  
But this button is only to lock the movement of the joystick, you have to unlock the joystick and with the motor stopped moving the joystick in all directions. To release all pressure

/ How release hydraulic pressure to front hyd lines ? #10  
But this button is only to lock the movement of the joystick, you have to unlock the joystick and with the motor stopped moving the joystick in all directions. To release all pressure

I don't think he was referring to the lock lever, which on my DK-40 FEL stick is at the bottom of the lever. He referred to an aftermarket joystick with button on the side which activates the FEL hydraulic auxiliary lines. And it appears his issue wasn't at the FEL hydraulics; it was at the lines attached to his tree puller.:confused3: