Put the BH back on first time!

/ Put the BH back on first time! #1  

To20Chris

Platinum Member
Tractor
LK3054
I put the backhoe back on for the first time today (see post about the stump!). It went very well, but for one thing. The BH had settled as the hydraulics leaked down, and the front of the subframe was elevated - too high to back over with the tractor. I could not get close enough straight on to attach the PTO pump. I was able to drive up to it on a 45deg angle and get close enough to put the pump on and run it up. After that (and knocking the dried mud out of the bracket!) is was quite easy. I could basicly steer the subframe around until it was alligned, then just back onto it.

I took it back off again, but I put blocks under the frame where the stablizers attach, so that maybe it won't settle that way next time. If not, eventually I'll come up with some way to keep the subframe from rising when it sits.

/ Put the BH back on first time! #2  
That's why I put my bucket on one pallet, and the BH frame at the stabilizers on another with the stabilizers out to the side. It keeps the whole thing even and easy to back over. Doesn't take long to figure out what you need to do does it? Only took me about 8 minutes to rehook up after having done it once before. John