Regeneration

/ Regeneration #1  

timmy59

Tractor
kioti ck 4010 hst
The manual states the tractor should be idle, (not working) is this nessesary ? Will a proper regen occur if one was performing a task when it arose and regen was initiated ?

/ Regeneration #2  
When you activate the regen the rpm's will increase significantly and will maintain this state for a long period, like 20-30 minutes. You can't use the tractor during the regen cycle.

BTW: To activate you must hold the switch down for a few seconds. You will know when it's activated when the RPM's increase.

/ Regeneration #3  
I've never had slow down, much less stop working when in regen. I operate around 2400 to 2800 at all times and have pulled a full box blade uphill while in regen. My regens last about 15 to 18 minutes at most with 250 hours on the meter.

/ Regeneration #4  
I asked my dealer this question specifically. He said to keep on working! You are already in the correct RPM range (well, depending on what your are doing), so why sit idle when you can keep going? We are only at 6.9 hours on ours so we'll come to it eventually! Hopefully sooner rather than later (ie, more seat time!). :dance1:

/ Regeneration #5  
The manual states that you should not use the tractor during the regen cycle and the tractor should be on level ground. You have no control of the throttle during the regen cycle.

/ Regeneration
4 answers and 2 that I like and or agree with, Thank you guys..

/ Regeneration #7  
My NX4510 has 145 hours and I have NEVER seen the Regen Light come on :confused: I have always ran the machine at 2000 rpms or more don't know what's up with that. Guess it will happen when it happens unless that cycle or relay is broke until it does we will keep running it till it doesn't run any longer

/ Regeneration
My NX4510 has 145 hours and I have NEVER seen the Regen Light come on :confused: I have always ran the machine at 2000 rpms or more don't know what's up with that. Guess it will happen when it happens unless that cycle or relay is broke until it does we will keep running it till it doesn't run any longer

WOW, 1st regen occurred at 17 hours, 2nd at 52 and I work at 1800-2400.. 17 seems early LOL, but 145 seem like it may have missed a couple..:confused:

/ Regeneration #9  
My NX regeneration about 80 hours, I was working and periodically getting out of the cab and smelled something funny...wasn't till I was almost done that I noticed it was doing its thing and equated the smell...

/ Regeneration #10  
The first time I noticed the regen light was at about 29 hours. The ck35 does not automatically start the regen cycle, it will only notify the operator that the regen cycle needs to be activated.