Lk3054 owners check your clutch linkage

/ Lk3054 owners check your clutch linkage #1  

radar54

Bronze Member
Tractor
KIOTI
I was tilling some ground on my farm yesterday when later in the day I had a need to shift gears. Pushing in the clutch pedal had no resistance at all as it normally would. I throttled down to idle to look at the floor to see if I could find the problem and low and behold the linkage at the housing was dangling down with nothing attached. Of course I was the farthest from the house that I could be, not knowing if the rest of the linkage would be under the floorboard I decided not to shut down the tractor until getting back to the barn. After a long, slow painful ride back, my mind racing trying to figure out what I was going to do if I couldn't figure out the problem I slow the speed to a crawl and kill the engine. Climbing out of the seat I am relieved that the linkage to the pedal is still there, all that is lost is a 5/16 bolt in the coupling. I have replaced that today with a new bolt and a friction nut. From now on I will carry a spare in my tractors tool box and periodically check for loose bolt.

I just thought I would make you other 3054 owners aware of this potential problem and save you the trouble. This is the 3rd season for my Kioti and the little things are starting to creep up. I would love to hear from others that have these little annoyances.