Remote valves

/ Remote valves #1  

southernAL

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2510hst
Got a question, and I've been reading some on this forum about but still a little confused.
What is the best acting remote to have for a hydraulic top link? Detent or spring?
I was looking to have a remote added to my ck2510 but on Kioti's website, it doesn't specify what kind it is. I noticed on the ck3510 equipment options you can get 3 different conglomerations

/ Remote valves #2  
Got a question, and I've been reading some on this forum about but still a little confused.
What is the best acting remote to have for a hydraulic top link? Detent or spring?
I was looking to have a remote added to my ck2510 but on Kioti's website, it doesn't specify what kind it is. I noticed on the ck3510 equipment options you can get 3 different conglomerations

All I see is either detent or spring. You can have one or the other or both types if you are going with two.

A detent valve is intended to be used for a constant flow implement such as a log splitter or a back hoe.

You want a spring return to center valve for a top link.

/ Remote valves
So if I bought a new tractor w/backhoe attachment with two remotes I wouldn't be able to use T-N-T?

/ Remote valves #4  
I added a rear remote to my ck25 a couple months ago I believe they have both spring and detent I know mine returns to center but it also has a dedent for my backhoe

/ Remote valves
What did you add the remote for?

If I have the remote that Kioti website specifies for my ck2510, will I be able to use an hydraulic top link with it??

I guess I can ask the dealer tomorrow but firgured someone around here would know

/ Remote valves #6  
You can use either detent or spring valve remote to control a hydraulic topping lift or tilt. But you need a detent to link up to a backhoe or spitter. I have one of each on my DK40SE. One spring for topping lift and a detent for backhoe and chipper. Works well. In an emergency I could rig the spring to work with the BH by using a bungee cord to hold it in place and it wouldn't be hard at all to use the detent valve for topping lift.

/ Remote valves #7  
What did you add the remote for?

If I have the remote that Kioti website specifies for my ck2510, will I be able to use an hydraulic top link with it??

I guess I can ask the dealer tomorrow but firgured someone around here would know

So if I bought a new tractor w/backhoe attachment with two remotes I wouldn't be able to use T-N-T?

You can use a detent valve to control a cylinder, it's just that Kioti's detent valve does not have a spring return to center feature with it, or at least they did not use to. By the statement that NorthTexasMike posted, it sounds like Kioti made a change in their valves and now have the nicer valve. The older detent valve lever did not spring back to the center (closed) position, but had to be put there manually.

Any of the Kioti valves would have-will control a hydraulic top link. How the valve lever reacts with the detent valve is in question. :confused3:

/ Remote valves
Good deal, thanks for the replies, tractor hydraulics are a bit confusing to me,but I get the gist of it.

/ Remote valves #9  
I got it from Michigan Iron Works they are a lot of help and probably could answer the question better than myself... also mine is an older ck25 not a ck2510

/ Remote valves #10  
Comparing rear remote kits in MIE online parts website shows the ck2510 only has option for one rear remote kit while the larger HP CKs have 2 rear valve kits available. The single valve is a detent valve pn T4390-35041. This is the same as the earlier models the CK20/22 only had 1 valve available (due to room without interfering with 3pt linkage) while the CK25 - 35 had a single or dual valve option. The detent can easily be removed on this valve by removing the cap on end of the valve linkage, taking out the 2 balls and springs, then reinstall the cap.