/ Log in the grill #1  

jabelding

Gold Member
Tractor
2014 Kioti CK35 2015 CS2410
Bush hogging around my field last week without my loader on, I heard a crunch up front so I stopped to take a look and found a nice 2"dia branch shoved up through the plastic shroud below the hood into my battery. Luckily I stopped a soon as I heard it and no major damage done just a broken shroud that I can replace for $70. So I decided to add some expanded steel to the front guard went with larger mesh on top for the headlights. It should stop most everything now. Online metals has a great price on expanded steel ~8bucks for a 2x2 piece.
20170815_173529.jpg 20170815_173511.jpg

/ Log in the grill #2  
Nice work, looks great:thumbsup:

/ Log in the grill #3  
Every little bit help... :thumbsup:

/ Log in the grill #4  
My wife was out cutting some heavy brush the other day with our Kioti and came back to the house saying the oil light was on.

I doubted the was an oil supply issue, most likely a stick knocked the wire off the sensor. I get out there and find that a stick / tree trunk got up into the back side of the rad area and knocked all of the blades off the fan. Luckily the damage to the rad was minimal and nothing was leaking.

I've got a fan on order, a dealer that's 2 hours away had one on hand and shipped it out right away. No idea why the oil light was on, I am wondering if it's a combination oil pressure / oil temperature light as I know the engine was hot when she shut it down. Luckily I have a cab so she just used the cab heater to cool the engine done before turning it off.

Jason

/ Log in the grill #5  
My wife was out cutting some heavy brush the other day with our Kioti and came back to the house saying the oil light was on.

I doubted the was an oil supply issue, most likely a stick knocked the wire off the sensor. I get out there and find that a stick / tree trunk got up into the back side of the rad area and knocked all of the blades off the fan. Luckily the damage to the rad was minimal and nothing was leaking.

I've got a fan on order, a dealer that's 2 hours away had one on hand and shipped it out right away. No idea why the oil light was on, I am wondering if it's a combination oil pressure / oil temperature light as I know the engine was hot when she shut it down. Luckily I have a cab so she just used the cab heater to cool the engine done before turning it off.

Jason

/ Log in the grill #6  
Bush hogging around my field last week without my loader on, I heard a crunch up front so I stopped to take a look and found a nice 2"dia branch shoved up through the plastic shroud below the hood into my battery. Luckily I stopped a soon as I heard it and no major damage done just a broken shroud that I can replace for $70. So I decided to add some expanded steel to the front guard went with larger mesh on top for the headlights. It should stop most everything now. Online metals has a great price on expanded steel ~8bucks for a 2x2 piece.
View attachment 518800 View attachment 518801
Nice job, I'm interested on the way you secured the hydraulic lines to the loader frame. Is it factory home built? I just use an elastic cord.

/ Log in the grill #7  
View attachment 518821 I think this may be your brother. Had it done three years ago when I bought my grapple.

/ Log in the grill #8  
OUCH on the log jam ! Nice fabrication work ! I always have the loader on when i use the brush hog. Yes it can limit my turn radius but it has saved me numerous times from hitting stumps and bigger items. I keep it about 6 inches off the ground.

/ Log in the grill #9  
jabelding - Great work ! looks like you found a perfect match for the paint . What was it ? We bought a can of touch-up-paint when the 2004 CK30 was new . Had some touch-up to do - found the never used can and it sprayed out brown !

/ Log in the grill
Nice job, I'm interested on the way you secured the hydraulic lines to the loader frame. Is it factory home built? I just use an elastic cord.
Chuck
I used some standard hose clamps (the green plastic pieces from surplus center) 1/4 IN TWO WIRE DUAL HYDRAULIC HOSE CLAMP | Hose Clamps | Hydraulic Hose and Hose Assemblies | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com
then tapped the loader arm for the bolts. On my QD bracket I fabricated up the bracket and painted it with Kioti new orange Spray bomb. Same paint I used on the front grill. It is expensive from the dealer $20 but it is very good quality paint and seems to be an exact match.