new first post

/ new first post #1  

nmaineron

Tractor
Kioti 2510 HST
I have a 2510 and have found it to be a nice tool but I have a problem,I can't get my hood open.I have tried everything short of getting my torch out.Help

/ new first post #2  
Sometimes the latch is a little tight. While pulling the latch knob, give the hood a bump down with your hand. It should release and you're not the first person to comment about this problem. Once open, see if you can adjust the latch mechanism up a bit and lube it. Mine was like that when new.

/ new first post
Thanks Victor,I have tried that.The hood is down snug and I think too snug that it is freezing the latch.Do the screen panels come off to the out side?

/ new first post #4  
Thanks Victor,I have tried that.The hood is down snug and I think too snug that it is freezing the latch.Do the screen panels come off to the out side?

I have a Mahindra and hood would not release. Remove front screen, WD-40, & a little prying with screw driver, popped open. Seems to open with no problem now. Good Luck.

/ new first post #5  
Yours is a different model than mine. I have to lift my hood to get at the side panel rubber latches. The hood had to close and latch somehow from the start. I guess the dealer never had it open. Maybe have someone help you. One pushing down on the hood while the other person pulls the latch knob. Otherwise call the dealer and have them fix it. It"s under warranty.

/ new first post
I have had it open last year when I did my 50,now its got lock jaw.So.. can the screens come off, it really doesn't look like it.

/ new first post #7  
:welcome: to TBN.
Did you get hood open?
May want to light touch it up w/file,sometimes little grease helps.

/ new first post
Hey Thomas,Nope on the hood.I was able to see through the screens with a flashlight and squirt some
WD40 on it.I can see it working but not releasing.I need to get a good look at a latch.I'm going to the dealer today and check it out and pick their brains.
I had a pair of vice grips clamped on the lever and a three foot bar trying to leverage it open, didn't work..maybe I ought to get some C4;)

/ new first post #9  
2007 Kioti CK30HST.... I've been opening the hood this way for years. I don't complain as its just the right "tight".