Anyone replace a turnbuckle link with the adjustable ones on a CK?

/ Anyone replace a turnbuckle link with the adjustable ones on a CK? #1  

Tigershark

Silver Member
Tractor
KIOTI NX5510 Cab HST with Backhoe
One of mine broke and was wondering if anyone has replaced it with the adjustable ones. My neighbor has a Bobcat that came standard with the adjustable ones and they are very hand where mine on my CK4010 are always needs adjusting and is a major pain. Now I have to either replace one side or see how much the adjustable ones would be and find a part number

/ Anyone replace a turnbuckle link with the adjustable ones on a CK? #2  
No, but I did go from the adjustable ones to the turnbuckle style on my 2011 Yanmar LX410 because the adjustable type it came with kept bending, then breaking. I had the adjustable type on My 1998 New Holland, and never had a problem with them....as you say, they are quite handy.

Personally, I think the Yanmar ones were simply made with the holes leaving too little metal to the outside, or the metal itself was just crap.
You can see one in the bent position here....they simply broke shortly after that.

enhance

After replacing several under warranty, I complained enough they sent me the turnbuckle type (on left) and I've had no problem with them....they actually aren't that hard to adjust, and at least they don't break.

enhance

/ Anyone replace a turnbuckle link with the adjustable ones on a CK? #3  
The nomenclature for the assembly you are seeking is rigid, pin-adjustable, Lower Link stabilizer.

Turnbuckle stabilizer provide "0" tractor-implement Lower Link support when tractor is operated in reverse.
Turnbuckle breakage often occurs when PUSHING a Rotary Cutter into vegetation or PUSHING a Box Blade.

Turnbuckle stabilizers are fine providing tractor-implement Lower Link support when tractor is moving forward.

Rigid, pin-adjustable stabilizers provide SOME support to tractor-implement when tractor is operated in reverse.

This paired assembly should be available from your Kioti dealer.

Last edited:
   / Anyone replace a turnbuckle link with the adjustable ones on a CK?
I appreciate the advice and information. I was doing a lot of loader work and noticed it came off, I had the tiller on the back as a counterweight but that was it. I'm guessing it was loose and just worked its way apart from all the bumps etc. Will call the dealer in the morning. I saw a set at TSC but they were 90$ and all I need is the end link that screws into the turnbuckle so it can't be too much I hope

/ Anyone replace a turnbuckle link with the adjustable ones on a CK? #6  
TnAndy, I have same system on a Kubota and to me that looks like the linkage bent due to either the tractor end did not allow the linkage to rotate up with the lift and the lift bent it, or it was run with too much slack in both sides allowing a heavy implement to swing towards this arm or too much slack when pushing backwards with a blade or such. I noticed mine wanting to do this when arms were not tight and now make a point of being sure my sway bars are tight as I can pin them. Now yours could also not be heavy enough for the tractor. I do like the square tubing design better than the flatter tubing and flat metal used on this tractor and my Kubota that also uses same design.