Replacing CK Turnbuckle Stabilizers with a set of Telescopic /Telescoping Pin type

/ Replacing CK Turnbuckle Stabilizers with a set of Telescopic /Telescoping Pin type #1  

Hyrb

Tractor
Kioti CK3510 HST
As shown in my last post I managed to "misplace" my stabilizers while bush hogging. Also known as new operator backing up in a thick mess or Privet. The dealers is telling me that Kioti does not offer the telescoping links for a CK3510 so I've been looking for an aftermarket solution. I've found them for many other brands plus some made as generic compact tractor.

20171021_173115.jpg

I plan to make some fit and test them out reporting the results, but to avoid re-inventing the wheel I'c curious if anyone here has made this type of swap for the CK series or something close that can be modified to fit. If I could get a set of measurements for CK stabilizers I lost that would be a good start. The ones I lost look like these.

$_58.JPG

I've found a bunch of different parts to work with like these for Ford and New Holland. I've also found comparable parts made for MF and Kubota so I think I can make something work.

s-l500 (1).jpg s-l500.jpg

Any info / ideas?

/ Replacing CK Turnbuckle Stabilizers with a set of Telescopic /Telescoping Pin type #2  
Here are some pics of the telescoping sway link on my CK35. ( NOT a CK3510 ).
I would think that if the mounting point at the axle is in the same place on both tractors, and you welded a "U" shaped bracket onto the 3pt arm, then you should be able to use the pinned sway links from a CK series on a CK10 series.
If you need some detailed drawings of the link I can draw something for you later. One thing to keep in mind is that the holes in the bar stock are at 1" centers and the holes in the sleeve are at 1 3/16" centers.

image-610328009.jpg

image-1307408247.jpg

image-1449647849.jpg

/ Replacing CK Turnbuckle Stabilizers with a set of Telescopic /Telescoping Pin type
THANKS Amvcane! From this it looks like the back end will fit fine but I'll have to adapt the link to the lower arm to connect to the stabilizer.

Right now it looks like the New Holland set that goes for less than $40 bucks each can be adapted to provide a much better alternative to the Kioti ones with the turnbuckle selling for $75 each. I know the price difference isn't that big a deal but the idea of doing something a little different that might prove a solution to someone else stuck in my situation is fun.

If I take the Ford stabilizers and flip them around all I would need is a bushing for lateral movement. Everything looks like it will work so I'll order a set and give it a try.

/ Replacing CK Turnbuckle Stabilizers with a set of Telescopic /Telescoping Pin type #4  
Those links on Amvcane's CK35hst are exactly the same as what came on my 2004 CK30hst. Never had a problem with them, can always find a good adjustment hole for each side, and haven't damaged them while using my 6ft back blade in forward or reverse.

/ Replacing CK Turnbuckle Stabilizers with a set of Telescopic /Telescoping Pin type #5  
Having suffered the same insult of losing a stabilizer on the exact same side as you did and in the same way doing the same thing... I am following this.

/ Replacing CK Turnbuckle Stabilizers with a set of Telescopic /Telescoping Pin type #6  
I wonder if the ones off of my DK35se would fit?

/ Replacing CK Turnbuckle Stabilizers with a set of Telescopic /Telescoping Pin type
I've ordered a set that looked like they will work. Should be here this week and I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

/ Replacing CK Turnbuckle Stabilizers with a set of Telescopic /Telescoping Pin type #8  
I've ordered a set that looked like they will work. Should be here this week and I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

Yep, please let us know, so that others might want to go down this route.

73 james K0UA

/ Replacing CK Turnbuckle Stabilizers with a set of Telescopic /Telescoping Pin type #9  
Having same problem with tymt353 and very interested in finding a solution.

/ Replacing CK Turnbuckle Stabilizers with a set of Telescopic /Telescoping Pin type #10  
You can still buy the CK35 pin set up and even find the earlier style with the threaded rod that goes through the lift bar. I bought a set last week. I do not yet know how it will all work out as I still have to source the nuts that attach it to the lift arm. I can tell you that the threaded part (see first image) is larger than the hole present for the turnbuckle system. By I estimate 2 mm but just guessing. I cannot say how it will all work out but the parts exist. They may be hard to find this set up as the threaded rod part that attaches to the arm shows only as a revision in the parts schematics without any parts numbers. A revision that later or was it earlier? resulted in them welding the U bracket onto the arms instead. What I have shows as a "Revision". But if you call Kioti parts (my dealer did while I was present) they have a list of the revision parts and they do still have them in stock. My dealer it turned out had them in his parts room. So it was easy for us to then find all the necessary pins and clips. All we lacked was the nuts.

This is, I think, the same setup Amvcane has except has but his is the later (or earlier?) version that has the welded U bracket on the lift arm. I just do not know which version came first since what I have shows in a box as a "Revision".

You'll see the lift arm attachment in the first picture. The bolt on bracket.

The U shaped thing in the last picture is what attached to the ears on the tractor.

Attachments

• IMG_3748.jpeg
    IMG_3748.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 673
  • IMG_3750.jpeg
    IMG_3750.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 948
  • IMG_3747.jpeg
    IMG_3747.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 567
Last edited: