KL610 loader level indicator tube

/ KL610 loader level indicator tube #1  

DieselBound

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800; Kioti NX5510HC
Yup, I lost mine! I'd thought that it was the rod that would come out, so I had loc-tite'd it. I didn't, obviously, loc-tite the top tube!

I ordered a replacement, informing the dealer that it was the "top" tube I needed. The part came in and it wasn't the same part! The piece that I was missing (I showed them a picture of my tractor before that thing went AWOL) had a bell end. They said that that's supposed to be the bottom tube. Well, fine, apparently someone mixed things up!

I'm now just getting around to installing this thing and I notice that, contrary to what the dealer thought, the tubes are not the same length. The piece with the bell is about 3/4" to 7/8" longer. This would make a difference in the actual levelness of the curl (or however one would word this).

Here's the weird part, if I have that longer bell end piece on top, with the loader curl leveled there's still quite a bit of rod sticking up above the tube. If the tubes were switched around there would be even more rod sticking out. Note, I am looking at the loader curl based on having a set of pallet forks attached and not the bucket; maybe things are different with a bucket? (I cannot recall).

I've looked around on the Internet and I've seen these tubes in different positions. Which is really correct?

Is Kioti basing "level" on their bucket or is it, as I'd think, the SSQA angle (curl)? This can make a very significant difference if one is using pallet forks.

Here's with the bell-end tube on top (not threaded, but set as it would if it were):
TubeOnTop.jpg

Here's with the bell-end tube on the bottom (not threaded, but set as it would if it were):
TubeOnBottom.jpg

Last edited:
   / KL610 loader level indicator tube #2  
I am running a bushhog loader on my 45S and there is a two inch difference in the position of the level rod between using the bucket and the pallet forks. So there is a difference in the operating angle of two items. the bucket mount sets at more of an angle whereas the pallet forks are more straight up and down.

/ KL610 loader level indicator tube #3  
After I ripped mine off I never bothered to put it back on, so far so good.

/ KL610 loader level indicator tube #4  
Up till now I never really knew what that thing was!

/ KL610 loader level indicator tube
RANDYT, I suppose that's why they refer to it as a Bucket Level Indicator? Just seemed like it could be a little more universal than just for the bucket! But, anyway...

There still seems to be confusion from the factory/dealers as to the positioning of these tubes. Not sure if the dealers install them: irony is that the service guy was a little peeved at me for specifying the "wrong" tube- thank goodness I had taken a picture of it which showed that it was assembled "wrong."

Msamt, yeah, I can see getting to that point. However, when it comes to operating with pallet forks (can't see!) I need all the help I can get (I'll have to do some interpretation when using the forks): I had a camera mounted up front but it broke off its mount and you cannot reattach (have to buy a new one- they're cheap, but I need to figure a better way to keep them from being blitzed); it helps, but I still have a hard time figuring position and angle.

/ KL610 loader level indicator tube #6  
With the tubes positioned the way yours are there is no adjustment to set bucket level. With them turned around you can do minor adjustments to make the rod flush with the tube when bucket is level. The rod is designed for the factory bucket, other attachments will most likely have the ssqa plate mounted at different angles than the bucket there for the rod is of little or no use for them.

/ KL610 loader level indicator tube
Ah, that makes perfect sense! (lots of folks running around with these tubes installed wrong!)

/ KL610 loader level indicator tube #8  
With my older model DK 35 to set my bucket level rods.
I set the loader down and the bucket level on a cement floor then cut the bucket level rod so it was flush with the tube.

/ KL610 loader level indicator tube #9  
I use different colored paint or electrical tape for the different attachments to mark the rod on where it is level on my other tractors. This one will be no different I am sure.