Day 1 New CK3510SE HC 6.5 Hours and 1 Squawk

/ Day 1 New CK3510SE HC 6.5 Hours and 1 Squawk #1  

iflywhatevr

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510 SE
I️ picked up my new CK3510SE HC this morning with 72” Sitrex Finish Mower and loader. I️ was loving the heated cab for the 15 mile drive back to some of our land early this morning with temps just below freezing outside. Was definitely warm enough inside I️ took my jacket off after a mile or two.

Tractor had 1.7 hours on it when I️ picked it up and I️ put 6.5 hours on it mowing, doing some loader work spreading 3 dump trucks of top soil and driving another 9 Miles back home. Tractor worked wonderfully and the Sitrex mower did a fantastic job even in some brush that it probably shouldn’t have been in....

Only squawk I️ found this first day was that by this afternoon it was warm enough in the cab with the bright sun to need the AC and although it would blow air with the fan pressing the AC button had no effect-it would not light up nor would it blow chilled air despite trying every combination of blower settings. Is there a trick to this ? It was about 70 degrees outside and I️ would think just pressing the AC button and turning the temp control to cold would be what is required.

Actually there is a second squawk..... my old tractor didn’t have cup holders and not 10 minutes after I️ put my coffee in the cup holder in the new tractor I️ hit a bump in the road that launched coffee all over me and the back window lol. So going to have to work on a shock absorbed cup holder for the tractor.

This forum was key in my decision to go with Kioti rather than the smaller Kubotas I️ was looking at originally. I️ plan to scan in the manual here and post since I️ couldn’t find Owners manuals online anywhere and wish I️ had a copy I️n advance. So hopefully someone else thinking about buying one can benefit from that.

David

IMG_2946.JPGIMG_0012.JPGIMG_0042.JPGIMG_0031.JPGIMG_0032.JPGIMG_0016.JPG

Last edited:
   / Day 1 New CK3510SE HC 6.5 Hours and 1 Squawk #2  
gratz on the new tractor. hope ya have fun on it.

and if your dealer is like mine, they will break their back to fix your AC.

/ Day 1 New CK3510SE HC 6.5 Hours and 1 Squawk #3  
You bought from orchid hill didn't you? Yea I'm pretty sure, they will fix your problem,no questions. Hope it's something simple! Nice tractor by the way!

/ Day 1 New CK3510SE HC 6.5 Hours and 1 Squawk
You bought from orchid hill didn't you? Yea I'm pretty sure, they will fix your problem,no questions. Hope it's something simple! Nice tractor by the way!

I did and they are sending a mechanic out Wednesday. Not that they didn’t offer sooner just been too busy to make the time.

/ Day 1 New CK3510SE HC 6.5 Hours and 1 Squawk #5  
Congrats on your new tractor. You'll be looking for things that need to be done now, with the tractor of course.

Already am. Even volunteered to mow a neighbors field before I put the finish mower away for the year. Lol something I wouldn’t be caught dead doing before!

Just an update mechanic came out yesterday checked the system. Nice guy but wasn’t too sure on the AC system said most likely either a “pressure switch” is bad or out of Freon and that why the pressure switch won’t allow it to kick on. Said they would send someone else out today to check it and never heard anything back or had anyone show up. So will wait and see how it’s handled next week after the holiday........

/ Day 1 New CK3510SE HC 6.5 Hours and 1 Squawk #8  
Tell them to hurry up and get that AC fixed. Summer is just around the corner! :laughing:

Make sure that they add it to their check list for new machines.;)

So Orchard Hill said it needed to be in a climate controlled environment to test the AC (we’ve been having temps from the teens to the 50s the last couple weeks) in order to test the AC pressure. They came and got the tractor to bring back to their shop free of charge where they could work on it in their heated shop since my barn doesn’t have heat. Charged the Freon first thing as it was completely empty and added the UV dye to check for leaks. Ran it for quite a long time .... no leaks. Left it for the full day and re-checked..... no leaks. Said they would leave it overnight and check in the morning and if there aren’t any leaks the likely thing was that it was never filled at the factory.

Also while it’s there having them add the factory option block heater for $160 installed which sounds good to me. Actually the warranty trip saved me having to install or bring it in so works out. Still ..... wondering how they can forget to charge an AC system on the line at the factory.

/ Day 1 New CK3510SE HC 6.5 Hours and 1 Squawk #10  
Hope that the system wasn't somehow opened up. If it had been then the drier should have been replaced.