kioti dk40se will not turn over

/ kioti dk40se will not turn over
Thanks for your response (xcgreene)

Got the tractor running. The solenoid was not operating properly. Found the reason which is worse than the original problem. The bell housing Is full of water. The reason the starter was faulty was when the fly wheel was spinning the starter was getting drinched. The clutch is stuck in the closed position. I can not find a drain ( weephole) anywhere. I unhooked the front drive shaft cover and about 1/2 gallon of water came out. I will check tomorrow if water is in the front end.

Any idea where the water is coming from and where is the drain hole. Robby

/ kioti dk40se will not turn over #13  
Got the tractor running. The solenoid was not operating properly. Found the reason which is worse than the original problem. The bell housing Is full of water. The reason the starter was faulty was when the fly wheel was spinning the starter was getting drinched. The clutch is stuck in the closed position. I can not find a drain ( weephole) anywhere. I unhooked the front drive shaft cover and about 1/2 gallon of water came out. I will check tomorrow if water is in the front end.

Any idea where the water is coming from and where is the drain hole. Robby

The bell housing of the transmission has a plug at the bottom that should be drained on occasion. Its forward, close to the engine at the immediate bottom. Water can condensate in their over time through any linkage points, I recall, when splitting my JD 2510, about a gallon of water pouring out at first split. Had been closed for 40 years. If no oil, or coolant came out, I would not be too concerned. Have you driven through any rivers as of late?

The last time I used the tractor it was very wet
However I never got the front end under
Water. There was only water that came out.
My concern is the throw out bearings. I will look for
That drain plug when it gets daylight. Do you think
That water got into the front differential ?
Ween I pulled the drive start cover if was
Full of water.

I found the drain. No more water came out however.
No water present in the front end. My concern is
Is the throwout bearing and the clutch. The clutch
Has not separated. Robby

/ kioti dk40se will not turn over #16  
If you've got a flexible borescope, or one you can rent, it may be worth looking up through that drain hole and look at the clutch/throughout assembly if there is room enough to navigate the camera. It does sound like you may need to split the tractor, but a scope could confirm some ideas.

If your resources are limited, you can try to free up the linkage by being a little fast&loose with the pedal/linkage. Even get down to the bell housing and tap on the end of the main clutch lever that enters the bell housing, be gentle, but firm. You could also have someone try to pump the pedal while you tap. If you are lucky, this may free things up.

Can I put the tractor in gear (not started)
And pull it with my truck? It seems to me
one of three things will happen. It will come
Loose,it will not come loose or it will strip
The clutch pads off. If it fails I still have to split the
Tractor.

/ kioti dk40se will not turn over #18  
Can I put the tractor in gear (not started)
And pull it with my truck? It seems to me
one of three things will happen. It will come
Loose,it will not come loose or it will strip
The clutch pads off. If it fails I still have to split the
Tractor.

With the tractor off and in gear, and the clutch pedal pressed down, pull the tractor with a truck. Either you'll drag the tractor, turn the engine, or you'll break the clutch free. I don't think you'll cause any harm so long as you don't overdo the towing. seems like a reasonable thing to try.

/ kioti dk40se will not turn over #19  
With the tractor off and in gear, and the clutch pedal pressed down, pull the tractor with a truck. Either you'll drag the tractor, turn the engine, or you'll break the clutch free. I don't think you'll cause any harm so long as you don't overdo the towing. seems like a reasonable thing to try.

You forgot "spin the wheels on the truck".

I’ve got a big truck. Thanks for the input guys maybe I’ll get a try that tonight. Robby