Tractor Battery

/ Tractor Battery #1  

mh2

Tractor
Kioti
Hi
Like some of you in the US we have had a massive cold snap here in Canada and the battery on my Kioti which was a little questionable in the milder weather has now given up the ghost. Is there anything special about tractor batteries or can I just replace with a similar automotive battery?
thanks!
Mark

/ Tractor Battery #2  
Replaced the battery in my CK27 in October. Got a new one with 550 CCA. Nothing special...just make sure it fits where you attach the hold down clamps.

/ Tractor Battery #3  
Any 12v battery the right size (dimensions) will probably work. AGM batteries cost twice as much but don't self-discharge nearly as fast as normal (flooded) do. So if your tractor is unused for long periods the expensive AGM may be justified. Also, if you have commercial power where you park your tractor, a good battery maintainer will extend the life of any battery (may even revive your old one). My 2006 DK45s still has the original CarQuest NGT Extreme (AGM) battery which has come back to life several times after a good recharge, not 100% but good enough for reliable starting. The other advantage of sealed batteries is reduced corrosion at the terminals. Up your way, batteries can freeze if discharged.

/ Tractor Battery #4  
Hi
Like some of you in the US we have had a massive cold snap here in Canada and the battery on my Kioti which was a little questionable in the milder weather has now given up the ghost. Is there anything special about tractor batteries or can I just replace with a similar automotive battery?
thanks!
Mark

Mark,

No matter where you are in Ontario, you should probably plan on a new battery at LEAST every 5 years.
A Battery Tender, or Battery Minder, or NOCO Genius, should be hooked up to your battery whenever the tractor is not in use.
For battery replacement: Just go to your local Canadian Tire, or Walmart, and buy their highest CCA rated (automotive) battery that will fit in your tractor.
If a battery is "a little questionable in the milder weather", why would you want to wait for the inevitable battery failure in colder weather?
For a questionable battery: Wherever batteries are sold, load testing is free.

/ Tractor Battery #5  
My CK30hst was able to hold for biggest size a group 24F battery. It had rated 700cca. It's just an automotive battery and has lasted 5 years so far.

/ Tractor Battery #6  
Buy Deka, or Odyssey. You have to search them out, but the best quality.

/ Tractor Battery #7  
   / Tractor Battery #8  
I mentioned in a other post about me replacing my CK30 battery with a Legend ( made in the U.S.A ) with 800 cold cranks for 149.00 CD at my local NAPA and comes with a 6 years warranty.

/ Tractor Battery #9  
I don't know who makes the BEST battery, but I DO know who makes the BEST batts I've owned so far.

Interstate, and they have easily lasted the longest, with the most abuse, of any batt we have ever owned/used on this place! I'm about to buy a new group 31 for my loader tractor.

It has a 800 or 850cca Deka in it now, and it just looses too much poop when it gets really cold out! It was pretty good for the first two years, but not any more...

SR

/ Tractor Battery #10  
I don't know who makes the BEST battery, but I DO know who makes the BEST batts I've owned so far.

Interstate, and they have easily lasted the longest, with the most abuse, of any batt we have ever owned/used on this place! I'm about to buy a new group 31 for my loader tractor.

It has a 800 or 850cca Deka in it now, and it just looses too much poop when it gets really cold out! It was pretty good for the first two years, but not any more...

SR
Go figure bought a interstate for my 2006 f-150 for $142 bucks lasted 2.5 years maybe I got a lemon?Deka/east penn my battery of choice now.