Starter issue

/ Starter issue #1  

BrianTN

Tractor
Kioti LK3054
My starter on my LK3054 won't work from the key. It's not really old enough to make me look toward the solenoid. Just looking and in my ignorance it looks like there is a switch mounted just over the clutch that may be malfunctioning. I have tried adjusting it so the pressure from the clutch hits earlier but no success.

Can you tell me what's most commonly the problem. I can start the tractor by jumping the starter so it is good.

Brian

/ Starter issue #3  
If it's like the CK/DK models, there is a relay that powers the starter solenoid. This relay sometimes fails. The switch over the clutch is a safety switch to prevent cranking unless the clutch pedal is down.

/ Starter issue #4  
Disconnect the safety switch; make a jumper and connect the wires going to the tractor starter. If that works, you have found your problem; replace the switch

/ Starter issue #5  
Jump the two wires on clutch switch together if your tractor starts the switch is bad. Be careful the tractor will start in gear!

/ Starter issue #7  
If you can reach the back of the ignition switch, you might want to also verify that turning the key successfully makes the appropriate connections. I once had an ignition switch problem due to the switch anchor nut loosening up; tightened everything down and no problem since. Finally, while every component has a designed life, ANY of them can fail prematurely...so the solenoid is still a possibility, despite the low hours.

/ Starter issue #8  
Yeah, great location for safety switch, over clutch where all that water, snow and slush is never on your left boot!
\Naturally we all wipe our boots B4 driving.

While mandated by safety police It is just about the worst location possible.

If I had $1.00 for every one of those clutch switches bypassed I could buy a nice big new tractor with all the bells and whistles.