CK2610 filter change.

/ CK2610 filter change. #1  

tiogajoe

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2610hst
I changed both my Hydro and HST filters for the 50 hour service. I needed to top off the Hydro fluid afterwards. When I check the fluid level do I install the dipstick all the way back in or just set it on the filler opening. Right now I added fluid and took a reading with the dipstick installed all the way in. If I set the dipstick on the fill hole the reading says I could add some? Manual is not too clear on how to read the dipstick.

/ CK2610 filter change. #2  
I put my dipstick all the way in:D

/ CK2610 filter change. #3  
I have always checked mine all the way in.

/ CK2610 filter change. #4  
Your fluid level will change as much just using the front end loader, backhoe, and other hyd equipment equipment. I would measure the way that is easiest for you, and fill to that line.

But I'm sure the dealer can tell you what the ck2610 specifically should be checked at if you like by the book. Nothing wrong with that.

/ CK2610 filter change. #5  
How much fluid did you end up loosing? I have to change my hydro and hst filters too and was hoping I could change them out without loosing too much. My dealer came out to do the 50 hour service but said they only change the engine oil and filter and check the other fluids. The manual says to change the filters at 50 hours so I’ll do it.
Thanks.

/ CK2610 filter change.
How much fluid did you end up loosing? I have to change my hydro and hst filters too and was hoping I could change them out without loosing too much. My dealer came out to do the 50 hour service but said they only change the engine oil and filter and check the other fluids. The manual says to change the filters at 50 hours so I’ll do it.
Thanks.

I would say I lost over a gallon? I was ready for it as I read other 2610 owners lost a lot of fluid changing filters. If I had to do it again I'd just drop all the hydro fluid replace it with new. If your machine does not take a lot of fluid I would just put in new stuff when you change your filters.

/ CK2610 filter change. #7  
I would say I lost over a gallon? .....

Just did my CK35 filters and maybe lost a quart. Did you plug the Hst reservoir breather while doing the filter change? Rubber sheapards hook at back of tractor.

/ CK2610 filter change.
Just did my CK35 filters and maybe lost a quart. Did you plug the Hst reservoir breather while doing the filter change? Rubber sheapards hook at back of tractor.

No, I didn't know you could do that?? I will have to look?

/ CK2610 filter change. #9  
Thanks guys I’ll have a look and try to find the breather hose, make sure I have enough fluid just in case.

/ CK2610 filter change. #10  
Hey guys since it was nice here today I decided to change out the filters on cs2210. When I pulled one filter off I noticed the oil looked like it was a little milky so I decided to just drain it all and replace it. Around here I don’t have a lot of choices for oils but shell rotella HD is available at Canadian tire would that be a good oil or should I just go back to the dealer and get the oil they sell? They sell Mag 1 which I have 2 gallons of here so that’s probably what I’ll do I was just wondering if the shell stuff was as good or better.