DK45SE wont start

/ DK45SE wont start #1  

otherguy

Tractor
Kioti DK45SE
I started another thread about the battery but now that I tried a fully charged Marine Deep Cycle battery and it still wont start are there any easy things that I can check out? Just remember I am not the most mechanically oriented person nor am I that familiar with the tractor yet.

Basically I turn the key until the glow plug light goes out, then when I turn to start all I hear is one click from something and that is it. Nothing else happens or even attempts to happen. This did happen the last time I used it (few of weeks ago) and it did this same thing, but I went inside for something and when I came back out I thought I would try it just to see and sure enough it started, but not this time.

Thanks

/ DK45SE wont start #2  
Make sure you are in neural and pto is off. Then sometimes you need to move the shifter a bit to line up. #1 start at batt is there 12.5 volts or better?

/ DK45SE wont start
Make sure you are in neural and pto is off. Then sometimes you need to move the shifter a bit to line up. #1 start at batt is there 12.5 volts or better?

I did notice that the lever was in Forward and not Neutral yesterday, I think my son was messing around on it, but that didn't help moving it back. I checked all other levers and switches that I could think of and they all looked to be in the position they should be.

/ DK45SE wont start #4  
Did you try the headlights - are they bright ? Could be a ground ? I'm not sure a Marine Deep cycle battery is ment to be a starting battery .

/ DK45SE wont start #5  
Starter relay ?? I've had deep cycle marine battery's in all my equipment for years with no problems.
Starter solenoid ? Try and determine what is clicking.

/ DK45SE wont start
I finally got it started after reading some old post about ignition switch issues that Kioti use to have or maybe still does. After the glow plug light went out I turned the key from that position to start a few times quickly. After about the third time it finally triggered and it started right up.

At least it looks like I can get it started but who knows how long this little trick will last. Now knowing that it is not the battery and could be the switch is that what I should change first?

Is the switch easy to change?

/ DK45SE wont start #7  
The dealer gave me a new switch mons. ago but I've not got around to installing it so no help but I'm sure you'll figure it out the new one just plugs in.

/ DK45SE wont start #8  
Squirt some electrical contact cleaner or wd40 in the key hole and cycle the key a few times.

/ DK45SE wont start #9  
I did what ritchey said last fall and it's still working so the new one is still on the shelf.

/ DK45SE wont start #10  
I did what ritchey said last fall and it's still working so the new one is still on the shelf.

I have rebuilt the ignition switch several times. There are indents and a ball bearing. Be careful taking it apart. The Bearing is spring loaded and can fly anywhere... take pictures as you take it apart.