DK45SE wont start
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kioti DK45SE

Default DK45SE wont start

I started another thread about the battery but now that I tried a fully charged Marine Deep Cycle battery and it still wont start are there any easy things that I can check out? Just remember I am not the most mechanically oriented person nor am I that familiar with the tractor yet.

Basically I turn the key until the glow plug light goes out, then when I turn to start all I hear is one click from something and that is it. Nothing else happens or even attempts to happen. This did happen the last time I used it (few of weeks ago) and it did this same thing, but I went inside for something and when I came back out I thought I would try it just to see and sure enough it started, but not this time.

Thanks

Tractor
    MF-135 DK-40se Ventrac 4500

Default Re: DK45SE wont start

Make sure you are in neural and pto is off. Then sometimes you need to move the shifter a bit to line up. #1 start at batt is there 12.5 volts or better?

Tractor
    Kioti DK45SE

Quote Originally Posted by murph1 View Post
    Make sure you are in neural and pto is off. Then sometimes you need to move the shifter a bit to line up. #1 start at batt is there 12.5 volts or better?
    I did notice that the lever was in Forward and not Neutral yesterday, I think my son was messing around on it, but that didn't help moving it back. I checked all other levers and switches that I could think of and they all looked to be in the position they should be.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30H 2004

Did you try the headlights - are they bright ? Could be a ground ? I'm not sure a Marine Deep cycle battery is ment to be a starting battery .

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK27, 580 SuperM Case Backhoe

Starter relay ?? I've had deep cycle marine battery's in all my equipment for years with no problems.
    Starter solenoid ? Try and determine what is clicking.

Tractor
    Kioti DK45SE

I finally got it started after reading some old post about ignition switch issues that Kioti use to have or maybe still does. After the glow plug light went out I turned the key from that position to start a few times quickly. After about the third time it finally triggered and it started right up.

At least it looks like I can get it started but who knows how long this little trick will last. Now knowing that it is not the battery and could be the switch is that what I should change first?

Is the switch easy to change?

Veteran Member
    Tractor

The dealer gave me a new switch mons. ago but I've not got around to installing it so no help but I'm sure you'll figure it out the new one just plugs in.

Tractor
    Kioti DK45S

Squirt some electrical contact cleaner or wd40 in the key hole and cycle the key a few times.
    Scott: Kioti DK45S, KL451 loader, Phoenix M72S mower, Deere BB5072 Box Scraper, Fit Rite Hydro Top & Side Links; DIY Kioti knowledge site (in work): http://kioti.dyndns.org/

Veteran Member
    Tractor

I did what ritchey said last fall and it's still working so the new one is still on the shelf.

Tractor
    2008 Kioti DK 45 sc

Quote Originally Posted by Billrog View Post
    I did what ritchey said last fall and it's still working so the new one is still on the shelf.
    I have rebuilt the ignition switch several times. There are indents and a ball bearing. Be careful taking it apart. The Bearing is spring loaded and can fly anywhere... take pictures as you take it apart.
    Work hard to get it down - play like tomorrow may end!

Small Horse Farm: 12.5 acres: 2008 Kioti Dk 45SC with Cab, FEL, BH, 6' snow blower, 7' back blade, 7' box blade, 6' bush hog, 9"& 14" auger, 8' chain harrow, 4" chipper, sand spreader, 7' landscape rake, 3pt quick attach & coffee holder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast