LK3054 Steering Sector Shaft broke

/ LK3054 Steering Sector Shaft broke #1  

pinus

I know there have been several post related to this subject but I just broke mine for the second time in 300 hours, actually 3rd time but this latest was from having it welded after the second break. The part number shows to be 35270-16600 and several post have gave alternative parts to use. From what I'm finding splines may be different, the adjustment screw different, etc. but I'm having trouble understanding what guys are doing to work around those. If splines are different for example that leaves a person with replacing the steering arm as well in my way of thinking.

Any updated sources for the part without paying $700-$800 from the dealer?

/ LK3054 Steering Sector Shaft broke #2  
I had the same issue with my lk2554. It shows the same part number as yours. I found one for a Kubota that fit perfectly. I believe I paid less than $300 for it several years back. I can't find the part number although I am sure I kept the information somewhere. If I find it I will post back.

/ LK3054 Steering Sector Shaft broke
I had the same issue with my lk2554. It shows the same part number as yours. I found one for a Kubota that fit perfectly. I believe I paid less than $300 for it several years back. I can't find the part number although I am sure I kept the information somewhere. If I find it I will post back.

Were the splines and everything the same from Kubota? No modifications?

/ LK3054 Steering Sector Shaft broke #4  
Were the splines and everything the same from Kubota? No modifications?

Yes. No modification needed at all for me. The only issue that I have had is a small leak on the seal. I slowed it to I point that at it doesn't bother me at all. I used two seals one installed backwards on top of the other. I will look some more this afternoon for the part number when I get home from work.

I know there have been several post related to this subject but I just broke mine for the second time in 300 hours, actually 3rd time but this latest was from having it welded after the second break. The part number shows to be 35270-16600 and several post have gave alternative parts to use. From what I'm finding splines may be different, the adjustment screw different, etc. but I'm having trouble understanding what guys are doing to work around those. If splines are different for example that leaves a person with replacing the steering arm as well in my way of thinking.

Any updated sources for the part without paying $700-$800 from the dealer?

I just found in my records where I had replaced this before in August of 2010. At that time the shaft cost me $423.10 which was bad enough. How can it double in price in 7 1/2 years?

/ LK3054 Steering Sector Shaft broke #6  
I can not find my books. My wife likes to put stuff in a "safe place" and it is safe there because no one knows where that place is! All my manuals are missing at this point and I put the invoice in my parts manual so I would have it if I needed it again. I searched in google for the part number listed and it comes up as a Kioti and Kubota sector shaft. I can't be sure, but I think that is what I ordered. Kioti didn't offer just the shaft at the time and wanted $3600 for the entire unit. I remember thinking why not try the one from Kubota because what's $300 compared to $3600. If I had to get one today, and I could not find that "safe place", I would just gamble on the same part number through Kubota. Sorry I can't be more confident.

I appreciate you looking and totally understand what your saying. When I plug in the part number for a internet search I get Kioti steering sectors for $785 and also some like this Kubota steering sector at Messicks for $350 Kubota: SECTOR SHAFT ASS, Part # 3527-166

Do you think your small leak was due to the shaft being a little smaller or is your seals worn?

/ LK3054 Steering Sector Shaft broke #8  
To be honest I am not sure I received the correct seal. I have a habit of buying two of most parts when I order. I figure if I needed it once I will need it again. So because I had two seals I decided to double them up to slow the leak. It is so small now it doesn't even create a drip. If it gets worse I will just measure the shaft and housing and get one from my local bearing shop.
I will post a link to what I have found.

/ LK3054 Steering Sector Shaft broke #9  
Kubota - 3527-166 - SECTOR SHAFT ASSY - Genuine OEM
This is one. I did order from a local Kubota Dealer. They were not real excited to order for me because it was not for a Kubota. I had to pay up front and if it didn't fit, they would not take it back.