Loader KL451 loader stand on DK45s

/ KL451 loader stand on DK45s #1  

BullyBarn

Tractor
Kioti DK45SC w/KL451 Loader
Hi all! I've got a DK45SC with a KL451 loader, but the "built-in" stands for the loader were removed at some point. I'd like to fabricate new stands, but I don't know the size of the OEM stands. It would be much appreciated if someone would take a tape measure to theirs and let me know the measurements. Bonus karma for pictures. Thanks!

/ KL451 loader stand on DK45s #2  
I'll try to get some photos and dimensions tomorrow ... if I don't forget.

/ KL451 loader stand on DK45s #3  
I had to check this out as I had never removed my loader. I have read that some owners remove these struts because they rattle but I haven't noticed that.

This first photo shows the strut stored. The topmost and bottom-most (foot) pivots are not removed; the pins are secured by cotter pins over washers on the backside. The other two pins are removable, secured only by a captive, spring-loaded ball bearing. The actual strut telescopes.
IMG_20180214_140644914.jpg

The next two shots show the strut in the down position at minimum extension. Note how one of the bottom removable pin is relocated to the top to hold the strut at the proper angle. Sorry about the bad focus (focused on background?) but the yardstick should be readable
IMG_20180214_140735827.jpgIMG_20180214_140751493.jpg

Continued in next post

Attachments

• IMG_20180214_140644914.jpg
    IMG_20180214_140644914.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 142
Last edited:
   / KL451 loader stand on DK45s #4  
Thes last two shots show the strut at full extension. Note that there are additional holes to reduce the extension by a few inches.
IMG_20180214_140901490.jpg

And again in full resolution with a yardstick:
IMG_20180214_140939797.jpg

Last edited:
   / KL451 loader stand on DK45s
Many thanks!
Chuck

/ KL451 loader stand on DK45s #6  
Mine are 1 piece and not adjustable. I will try for photos and measurement tomorrow. Had my loader off twice, they work.

/ KL451 loader stand on DK45s
After reading some of the posts of how hard it was to put the loader back on, I was hesitant to take it off. This past weekend, I took the loader off and used a temporary stand setup. It was much easier to put it back on than I anticipated.

With a permanent stand, I think I'll be more inclined to mow without the loader attached.

/ KL451 loader stand on DK45s #8  
The key is a flat surface (preferably hard and level too) so the orientation of the loader vs the tractor are the same come time to reinstall the loader. Also, just dropping the bucket will buy you a lot of clearance for mowing.

/ KL451 loader stand on DK45s #9  
After reading some of the posts of how hard it was to put the loader back on, I was hesitant to take it off. This past weekend, I took the loader off and used a temporary stand setup. It was much easier to put it back on than I anticipated.

With a permanent stand, I think I'll be more inclined to mow without the loader attached.
I always remove my loader for mowing. More maneuverable around trees/objects and rides smoother IMO.
My loader stays on all winter for snow plowing, but in the summer I put the loader on if I need it and remove if I don't. (like any other attachment).
I have a level spot where I park the loader so it goes on/off easy.